Error Text: What does it mean?

release-687 (x64)
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:598: (444339 stonehearth:red_fox) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reasons: <follow_path mover aborted reason: could not compute full path in start. (x10)>
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:456: in function 'verify’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:598: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:537>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function 'xpcall’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:537: in function '_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:273: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270>
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270: in function 'f’
radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>

i think the game tells you, that a red fox in your world didn’t move for 10 ‘AI spins’ or did anything at all in this time, so it assumes he’s maybe in a ‘bad state’ (e.g. AI broke or he’s trapped). I had this issue with my Hearthlings a few times when they were idle, but nothing happend and they were able to continue with normal tasks, so it shouldn’t breake anything, but just be controll, if the AI is still there and just didn’t do anything.

1 Like

@Raze Raze is absolutely correct. This error is in no way fatal. Does it appear frequently, or did you just see it once?

I just saw it once…but then the game started acting a little weird.

1. I would make an inventory space and disallow certain things for that space, and hearthlings would come along and put the disallowed things there.
  2. A hearthling would do 90% of the work of digging out an area and then wait for another hearthling to do 5% more, and then both of them would wait for a third hearthling to come and finish for them.
  3. Hearthlings would destroy bad food when I marked it, and then stand on the other rotten food so I couldn’t see to click the rest. It was like they knew what I wanted to click and were barring me from doing it. (Can we please have a bad food category so bad food can be moved somewhere else? Call it Compost or something)

All of those are “normal”, but annoying.

As soon as you placed that stockpile, Hearthlings got tasks to store items. Hearthlings don’t “think” about where they are storing and item once they start. They only think about where it goes again once it is on the ground. To avoid this, you can change your gameplay settings to default to all filters off.

Basically the same as above. Hearthlings get assigned tasks, (like mining), and will complete them unless they can’t. So, those 3 Hearthlings were always assigned to mine sections of the of the area, just not in the most efficient way. To get a better indication that another Hearthling is coming, you can turn on Heartling paths via gameplay settings.

Standing in the wrong spot is just by chance. The pathfinder isn’t intentionally having them stand there. If you are looking for more stockpile filter, check out @Shinsaka’s excellent Better Stockpiles Mod.

Do mods ever become part of the game code, or are they permanent substitutes for things that will never be in the game? Just trying to gauge how depressed I should feel about this.

I think a mod just being inserted into the game does not happen. But the idea behind the mods probably, like the devs implementing it their own ways. The filters are something that they talked about in a stream, it sounds like they are simple for now for performance reasons.

Definitely not permanent substitutes, they may very well exist in the core game - but no guarantee either. Mods exist because a player wanted something different than how the game is at the moment. A great example is @Froggy’s Stonehearth Cafe. He implemented a cook before the devs did (by a few alphas I believe).

One thing to be careful of is “stealing” a mod author’s work. If a mod becomes really popular, it would be unfair for the devs to just stick it into the game, as future players would associate the feature(s) with the game devs not the mod author.

Stonehearth is meant to be modded, so the devs want there to be lots of mods, and want to enable player choice. You (and I) may like to organize our stockpiles to the t, while others just have everything mixed together. Putting it in the core game removes that choice, so some features may only ever be in mods. (No idea about this one in particular)

So, in other words, less depressed and more hopeful. :slight_smile:

Is there a full list of mods anywhere?

I guess we can say there is a few lists, but none are complete.

One way (not very practical, but is a start) is to visit this forum modding category.

1 Like

More specifically, all currently working mods should be in the #modding:current-mods sub-category.

1 Like

Steps to reproduce:

release-687 (x64)
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:598: (13816870 stonehearth:red_fox) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reasons: <follow_path mover aborted reason: could not compute full path in start. (x10)>
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:456: in function 'verify’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:598: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:537>
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:537: in function '_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:273: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270>
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270: in function 'f’
radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>

System Information:
Windows 10