Engine Error takes every action away

Hey

Maybe this beeen posted before, but after playing some minuts i get an engine error. I copied it and pasted it under. Though it is only a small part of the message, because it continues to grow and grow.
It makes every option to do anything disappear. The citizens continue moving, but you can’t access menues or do anything else. I read somewhere that maybe to press F5 would help, but i tried that without anything happen. It happens both after i load a saved game and if i start a new game. It only takes a little bit longer before i get the engine error, if i start a new game.

release-453 (x64)
…/ai/actions/sitting/sit_on_chair_trivial_action.luac:8: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:667: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:660>
[C]: in function ‘assert’
…/ai/actions/sitting/sit_on_chair_trivial_action.luac:8: in function 'start_thinking’
stonehearth/services/server/ai/compound_action.luac:59: in function 'call_fn’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:16: in function '_call_start_thinking’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:231: in function '_do_start_thinking’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:167: in function '_start_thinking_from_stopped’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:84: in function '_start_thinking’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:286: in function '_restart_thinking’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:303: in function '_start_thinking_from_stopped’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:83: in function ‘_start_thinking’

stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:106: in function '_run’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:349: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:340>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:669: in function '_protected_call’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:351: in function 'run’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.luac:129: in function '_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.luac:90: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.luac:89>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.luac:89: in function 'f’
radiant/lib/env.luac:8: in function <radiant/lib/env.luac:8>

Welcome to the forum, @lagomir :smile: and thanks for reporting.

If you see that the number of errors keep growing non-stop, you’ll have to close the game, because it’s consuming your memory little by little and your computer could hang eventually if you leave the game open.

This error you posted seems to be related to chairs.

Did it happen at lunch time? Did you see your hearthlings trying to sit on chairs?
Which version of Stonehearth were you playing, is it Alpha 11 r453?

Hey. Thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah it seems like the right conclusion. The error occur at lunch time when the hearthlings sit down. It looks like some of them wont stand up after they done eating and other hearthlings comes and sit on the same chair.
I do use the Alpha 11 r453 version.

I started a new game last night and i got no problem so far. About 7 days into the new game. I am 14 days into the old game that makes trouble. I don’t know if that have anything to do with the error though.

1 Like