[Dev-2521] Error: attempt to call method 'get_expire_time'

Title: Error Log spam at start of night (to the tune of 3-4 errors a second)

Summary: In my current world everytime it hits night my error log gets spammed with the below error to the point that I have to end the client. I believe it has to do with a merchant that I was making a trade with (chairs for curtains) but he never showed up. He was ‘supposed’ to come back in 24h but it has been 2 days now since the timer ended I believe and still no trader.

It doesn’t matter if I save/re-enter the world the error repeats itself. I’m starting up a new world to test that as well.

Steps to reproduce: have a trade coming with 0 time left for multiple days without him showing up.

Expected results: trader shows up and concludes the trade.

Actual results: trader never shows, and client errors out trying to find when he will arrive.

Notes:
Error msg from Client-
develop-2521 (x64)
…earth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.luac:83: attempt to call method ‘get_expire_time’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/events.luac:68: in function ‘get_expire_time’
…earth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.luac:83: in function ‘_fire_alarms’
…earth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.luac:112: in function 'fn’
radiant/modules/events.luac:79: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:78>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.luac:78: in function 'trigger’
radiant/modules/events.luac:97: in function '_update’
radiant/server.luac:19: in function <radiant/server.luac:17>

System Specs:
Windows 7 Pro x64
16GB RAM
Intel i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 770
Corsair Force LX SSD 240GB HDD

Personal testing steps:
Restarted Game
Verified Game Files
Reinstalled Game

2 Likes

Thanks for the report. I believe this is fixed for the next patch, as I just fixed a bug with nearly the same symptoms.

1 Like

Fine then! I won’t post my bug report for this issue! (a single tear rolls down my cheek) Nobody wants my bug reports. (sniffle, sniffle)

I will say my error was the same text but I haven’t come across a trader though.I finised the goblin cheiftain/wolves the night before this error stacked 83 times. Other than that, there were few changes to the village, I was mainly harvesting wood and checking crafters’ work progress. Nothing that seems specific to the error. It’s probably the error you just fixed…but just in case it isn’t, that’s what I had going on :slight_smile:

Edit: …and apparently it started stacking again while I type this. It hit 10,000+ errors and then the game crashed when I switched back.

Re-edit: Save file is toast and the autosave that happened a few minutes before. Seems to be two separate errors stacking in my case. The second the sun rose the errors started stacking by the hundreds. The game seems to run at normal speed while the errors stack but I can’t interact with the UI or esc to menu