Desktop Tuesday: Tuning Conversations!

I’m pretty sure I get what you’re saying, but I with the animations being roughly 5 seconds or so (some are fairly short ~2 seconds, but most are closer to 5), there should be more than enough time for a player to glance at the icon, then glance back down and watch the animation. Plus overtime the icons seem less interesting to me - as they’re just a call-out of information - while the animation seems to mean more and more over time.

Please give it a little time and think about it when a conversation catches your eye. I think you will find that the icons are almost always the same and stop being important once you know what they’re talking about - then your eye pretty much only stays on the animations, which give you a better sense of what the hearthlings are ‘feeling’.

4 Likes

Ah, if that’s the case, okay i’m happy with it, i will admit i did not pay too much attention to all of the animations all the time, just saw them when i was less busy with other stuff, i guess it does make sense that i just didn’t have enough exposure to them (i was mostly critiqueing in a more… compositional/artistic sense then a practical one)

I still (personally) don’t like the visuals as much as i would like to be frank, i’d still like bolth to really matter? but it does makes sens that the bubbles become less and less important to the player looking at them, so in that sense i’m okay with it

So… yeah

1 Like

Hehe, give it a week or so then tell us what you think at that point ; ). There may be something you’re seeing that we didn’t consider - I’m just concerned that you might be knee-jerking (which is also valuable feedback, but sometimes fades over time).

As for the animation side of things - I agree that they need to be better. That’s a matter of increasing my own skill as well as seeing if I can convince the team to hire a bonafide animator : ).

4 Likes

You’re doing great, Malley. Keep up the good work!

3 Likes