Construction_data_component engine error

Summary: Received engine error when loading previous save. Game appears to function normally despite this.

Steps to reproduce: Unknown, error appeared on save load, will upload save.

Expected Results: Save loads without errors appearing.

Actual Results: Error appears on load of save.

Notes:
Error #1:

develop-2630 (x64)
...s/construction_data/construction_data_component.luac:97: attempt to index field 'entity' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	[C]: ?
	...s/construction_data/construction_data_component.luac:97: in function 'set_contributes_to_score'
	...s/construction_data/construction_data_component.luac:16: in function <...s/construction_data/construction_data_component.luac:15>

Error #2:

develop-2630 (x64)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

Attachments:
Stonehearth.log
Save folder

Version and Mods: develop-2630 with debug tools installed

System Information: Windows 10 Pro 64 | Intel Core i5-3360M | 16 GB system memory | Nvidia NVS 5400m

Edit 1: Note sure if this is useful or just a function of the f5 ui refresh command, but when I hit f5 after playing a bit, the two errors reappeared.

1 Like

Thanks! The save helps a lot. There are some bigger issues here, so this fix will take a little longer.

1 Like

No, thank you! I really appreciate how much effort you (and everyone at TR) put into fixing all of these bugs.

If you don’t mind, I am very curious what the “bigger issues” are? Also, I submitted a separate bug report for this, but if you look at the Overly Excited Sheep thread this is the same save…

2 Likes

thanks for the detailed report @jomaxro, and for helping out in general in the bug reports section… definitely appreciated! :+1:

2 Likes

Seeing the same two errors when I reload a save, and two additional ones. Similarily the game appears to just function normaly despite the bugs and similarily they all appear whenever the ui is refreshed.

Should I make a new thread for the other two bugs or is it okay if I post them here?

its best to just post em here, saves us from clutter. :wink:

1 Like

Here they are

Additional error #1:
develop-2630 (x64)
…earth/services/server/build/scaffolding_manager.luac:48: attempt to index field ‘fabricator’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
…earth/services/server/build/scaffolding_manager.luac:48: in function ‘_trace_project_region’
…earth/services/server/build/scaffolding_manager.luac:13: in function <…earth/services/server/build/scaffolding_manager.luac:10>

Additional error #2:
develop-2630 (x64)
stonehearth/ai/lib/follow_path.luac:41: Path is not contiguous for (49202118 Runa Pounder)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'assert’
stonehearth/ai/lib/follow_path.luac:41: in function '_initialize_path’
stonehearth/ai/lib/follow_path.luac:4: in function '__user_init’
radiant/lib/unclasslib.luac:61: in function '__init’
radiant/lib/unclasslib.luac:38: in function 'FollowPath’
stonehearth/ai/actions/follow_path_action.luac:26: in function <stonehearth/ai/actions/follow_path_action.luac:7>
[C]: in function 'run’
stonehearth/services/server/ai/compound_action.luac:133: in function <stonehearth/services/server/ai/compound_action.luac:129>

stonehearth/services/server/ai/compound_action.luac:133: in function <stonehearth/services/server/ai/compound_action.luac:129>
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.luac:177: in function '_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.luac:90: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.luac:89>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.luac:89: in function 'f’
radiant/lib/env.luac:8: in function <radiant/lib/env.luac:8>

The hearthling named in the second additional bug will change, and occasionally there will be several of the same bug, with diffrent hearthlings upon loading up the game.

Attachment:
Save folder

Version and Mods: develop-2630 + debug tools

Paging @8BitCrab, I believe that error #2 posted above belongs in this thread, where the issue has already been acknowledged.

1 Like

We have a more general problem of race conditions initializing datastores on load because we’re halfway in converting a bunch of objects to use a new API. I did fix this particular problem, but we need to address the more general problem soon.

3 Likes

happend when i tried to build some road

what can i do about this one ?

It seems that this more than 10000 errors is the result of saving a game without building a blue print (you do the blue print, then deselect the building manager without removing the blue print):

release-453 (x64)...s/construction_data/construction_data_component.luac:97: attempt to index field 'entity' (a nil value)stack traceback:
	...s/construction_data/construction_data_component.luac:97: in function 'set_contributes_to_score'
	...s/construction_data/construction_data_component.luac:16: in function <...s/construction_data/construction_data_component.luac:15>

I got the same error. I first got an error for combine two blue prints together, then restarted my game so i could delete them and I got this error (sorry I don’t have the error code for the combining buildings)

release-453 (x64)
…s/construction_data/construction_data_component.luac:97: attempt to index field ‘entity’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
…s/construction_data/construction_data_component.luac:97: in function ‘set_contributes_to_score’
…s/construction_data/construction_data_component.luac:16: in function <…s/construction_data/construction_data_component.luac:15>

Paging @8BitCrab, @SteveAdamo, or @Relyss, this is has been acknowledged (and possibly resolved…)

1 Like

Haha, i’m reporting so many things right now :smiley:

Summary:

Loading a savegame and then, these error poppep up though they don’t seems to have any negative acting on the game :smiley:

Image:

Steps to perform:

Load a game, watch error popup immediately

Expected Results:

Loading a game without getting harassed by random error ( haha xD )

Way to reproduce it:

I can provide the savegame if it’s really needed for further investigation :smiley: but because it isn’t something really bad actually, i’ll let you tell me if it’s necessary :smiley:

System Specification:

Intel i5 2500 3.30Ghz, 8 Ghz dd3 ram, GeForce gtx 580

Build:

Latest build develop-2650 x64

Hey there @OlderThanBefore, I believe this bug is the same as the one here:

It has been acknowledged, though @Albert said the error was part of a bigger issue.
Paging @8BitCrab, @Relyss, or @SteveAdamo for a merge please…

2 Likes

@jomaxro - I already made our load game fixes in develop-2650, so this looks like a different problem. If anyone knows how to reproduce this, please chime in. It might involve using undo (or destroy from the console) and saving?

@Albert - So should this be “un-merged”, or do you want to keep troubleshooting this here?

Let’s keep it here for the moment. Thanks for the help!

2 Likes