Cannot place items with no ghost entity

develop-2617 (x64)

hapless user:

its happening everywhere. i cant even pinpoint where it starts. wish i could be a bit more specific. >_>;

computer stats:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10240) (10240.th1.150819-1946)
            Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
               Memory: 8192MB RAM

error:

…/components/entity_forms/entity_forms_component.luac:122: cannot place items with no ghost entity
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/events.luac:43: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:40>
[C]: in function ‘assert’
…/components/entity_forms/entity_forms_component.luac:122: in function ‘place_item_on_ground’
…/components/entity_forms/entity_forms_component.luac:103: in function ‘_load_placement_task’
…/components/entity_forms/entity_forms_component.luac:6: in function 'obj’
radiant/modules/events.luac:14: in function 'self’
radiant/modules/events.luac:54: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:52>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.luac:52: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:45>

@wrath_lamp
Hi there,
Looks like one of the items in the world doesn’t have a ghost form – but not sure which one. Can you attach a save file where this is happening?
In the meantime, I’ll put in more information in that assert.
Thank you
-Yang

1 Like

@wrath_lamp
Did you use the ‘destroy’ console command on a ghost by any chance?
Thanks
-Yang

i did. i destroyed a ghost of a forge that refused to drop anywhere. after i destroyed the ghost i could not use or place the forge. i had to make a new one. i had forgotten about that.

i tried to get you a save, but even compressing it i could only get it to 6.5 MB with windows zip utilities. 7zip can get it to 3MB, but then i cant post it in file format, and changing the filename works, but is cumbersome and unintuitive for the person opening it.

the original file was 30MB

my log file is extremely messy, but i think i can get that to you at least… negative. log exeeds max file size… hrrrrm…

lets try this…

dear god even pastebin has failed me O.o

Ah I see. The game has no way to recover from a destroyed ghost at the moment. I will try to add code that will make this recoverable. In the meantime, destroying the broken forge should make the error go away …

Thank you for reporting this!
-Yang

4 Likes

testing for recovery

edit.

cant delete the item. it does not look like it was ever made. i’ve double checked every crate and stockpile in the game reguardless if the forge was supposed to be there or not. everywhere ive been or where the item could be. perhaps since i destroyed the ghost it destroyed the item as well?

and now the ghost of the ghost is haunting me O________O time to start a new save ^_^. the new version just launched.

2 Likes