What will the mason (& engineer) do?

I think the mason will be needed for "castle blocks"
Was there not a discussion on those at some point?

I think it would be reasonable for the mason to take on the role of a fletcher. The main producer of the bolts and arrows for when ranged combat is implemented would give him more combat value. Could be a strong early game increase in value (stone arrowheads being easier to obtain and mass produce before being made obsolete when the blacksmith’s production catches up).

I also hope they add in hybrid classes which require experience at multiple jobs. For example there could be a siege engineer who requires carpentry and masonry experience.

Hmm… i think that siege weapons( catapults, ballista, etc) should be built by the engineer class as they are
machines(cogs, pulleys, and such).

i do like your idea about the arrows though, the carpenter could make basic bows and arrows, then the arrows could be upgraded by the mason then the black smith over time. you could also use a similar system for the bows; with a basic bow, like a longbow, or even slighttly more advanced ones like the composite bow being made by the carpenter and them a crossbow by the black smith .

Yeah the carpenter could easily be the bowyer, the mason isn’t necessarily the most natural fletcher, but fletching does need to be put somewhere and the mason needs some more utility.

I think the Mason should be able to make Stone beds.