Some cook recipes in Raya Kingdom can't be done

@Tamorr Linda is making the Varanus skin sellable by the tannery trader. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I would agree with this only if Ascendancy kingdom had similar limitations which cannot be gotten through any other means than trading. Trading for goods you cannot grow or hunt or craft yourself is a great game function but as far as I know, everything available to Rayya’s children is easily done (corn, clay, pottery for example) by Ascendancy but not vice versa as in the example of wheat / flour.

I’ve played Rayya’s Children pretty extensively it’s a fun kingdom but they are much more limited on resources than Ascendancy. If that’s intentional, ok, but they should provide ways around that since Rayya’s Children are supposed to be ‘wily traders’ and all. Fixing the files to allow wheat/flour from the traders is a start. I still think Rayya’s children should be able to grow wheat on their own if they buy seeds or something from the traders and provide a water source, etc… since it’s the desert - the extra difficulty could be irrigation needs.

as @Vexed said the ascendancy has a ton more compaired to RC

but on the flip side TA needs a few things that they cant get ( clay for example.) this is something I feel that should be tradable for them

1 Like

TA can find clay. It’s in the ground, the same as dirt. Less common in the forest than in the desert biomes.
As far as the crops in RC go, aside from changing the buyable options, one could also change the kingdom.json for them in their .smod.
Let me see if I have some time tomorrow…

Or now.

Replace it with its respective file. Now they can grow wheat. To be more specific on the directories, it can be found in: "rayyas_children.smod/data"
Have fun. Message me if there are issues.

1 Like

@RedHex I see what your saying. but RC has merchants that sells all the building supplys TA is missing the ability to buy clay

2 Likes

Sorry for the late response. I understand the issue a bit better on your part. Hopefully these sort of things will be changed in the future. For the time being, the files regarding traded items are determined by specific ‘caravans’ in the GM folder. If I remember right, simply changing the items to ‘tradable’ isn’t enough. I could be wrong.

1 Like