RP and RepeatPan's mods

Sized People

True to its name, this mod will simply re-size any worker to a random size. By default, men will be scaled between 100% and 110%, while women will be scaled between 90% and 100%. In addition to that, it will also modify the speed at which they can run (at normalSpeed / size rate - i.e. if you double someone’s size, they’ll run only at half speed). For those not that well with maths, it simply means that giants are slower, while small workers are much faster. This only affects walking speed, sadly. I’d love to have this affect chopping speed (but the other way around).

This can be changed by you using a config file. An example is available here. Just put it into your mods/config folder (might needs to be created). The syntax is as followed:

• Each key contains min and max, which is the size relative to the normal one (1.0 being normally grown, 2 would be twice as tall).
  • There are two fallback keys, male and female. These are used if there is no key designed for this entity/model.
  • You can define a key per model (format [gender]_[index], currently gender would be either “male” or “female”, with index being 1, 2 or 3). In the example config, I’ve scaled female_1 to 120%-130% of her normal size. Feel free to add, remove and modify these keys as you please.

For developers: This mod features post-creation hooks (i.e. functions that are called after an entity has been created, rp.add_entity_created_hook) to re-size the workers. This can be used to do all sorts of stuff. It’s also one of the few mods using RP’s config feature at the moment. Also, some merry “Let’s mess around with components”.

4 Likes