No buildings are completing following develop-2998

Summary:
No buildings are completing today, including existing in-game templates. I had no problems last night under develop-2996, but since develop-2998, no buildings are completing.

I have attempted to build several custom build designs and have now tried an in-game template, being the blacksmith house from the tier 2 ascendancy. None of them complete and workers go idle after a while.

When saving, quitting and reloading, I get errors relating to scaffolding, which I’ve copied and pasted below.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Select the blacksmith house template from ascendancy tier 2.
  2. Build will only partially complete.

Expected Results:
I would expect the building to complete.

Actual Results:
Builders will commence with the foundations and first layer/columns, but will only get so far before stopping and returning to idle.

Notes:
I have tested whether this is a lack of resources problem, and it’s not. Despite having plentiful wood to complete the construction, it still stalls. Quitting and reloading the game seems to get the build going again, but this only lasts for a minute or two before the builders return to idle.

Potentially relevant error messages:
develop-2998 (x64)
stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:228: attempt to index field ‘_blueprint’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:228: in function 'get_blueprint_region’
stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:213: in function 'recalculate_scaffolding_blueprint’
stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:123: in function '_add_region_trace’
stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:99: in function <stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:96>

develop-2998 (x64)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

develop-2998 (x64)
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:464: attempt to index field ‘_blueprint’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:464: in function ‘get_structure_blueprint_region’
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:387: in function ‘_add_traces’
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:170: in function <…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:153>

develop-2998 (x64)
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:391: bad argument #1 to ‘get_building_for’ (Entity expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'error’
radiant/lib/checks.lua:56: in function 'checks’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:293: in function ‘get_building_for’
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:391: in function ‘_add_traces’
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:170: in function <…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:153>

Attachments:

The below image shows the blacksmith house on the left, which I attempted building using the available in-game templates. The building on the right is a simple custom design which has also experienced the same problem. Note that the building on the right took several reloads of the game to get to the point it’s at now. Originally it was just left with a foundation and a single layer of wall blocks.

Version Number and Mods in use:
develop-2998

Unrelated point:
These forums are rather restrictive to new members. I’ve had to create a new account to make this bug post because my existing one won’t allow me to make more than 2 bug posts due to being a “new member”, with the restriction being lifted in a number of hours following the bug posts I made last night. I’m sure you’d rather know about the bugs than turn potential reporters away… I’m also unable to put more than one image in a post. Again, that’s not very helpful when I’m attempting to give thorough information on a bug I’m experiencing!

Tested on a fresh game and still having the same problem. (The building on the right is fine. I just have that one paused to test the one on the left, which has obviously stalled.)

I haven’t had any buildings stall as bad as that, in my tests, but so far I have had almost every building I make end up with scaffolding scattered around it. I think it may have something to do with starting a new building before another is finished?

As a side note, are we still doing those unbuildable building template things? Pretty much everything I make seems to have some bit of scaffolding left stuck to it.

Unfortunately it isn’t anything to do with having two buildings on the go at the same time. There doesn’t seem to be anything in particular that triggers it; it just gets stuck, as though the AI can’t find a path to completion. I suspect it has something to do with the scaffolding too. It seems to be being built in the middle of buildings and in some rather bizarre patterns.

I know that the game sometimes messes up because its in alpha, but I was wondering if there was some basic mistakes I made that would prohibit my little guys from building. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. :smiley:

There has already been an issue created for this. @8BitCrab can you merge this or something?

1 Like

I have noticed that if my hearthlings stop building I can save the game then reload it and it will get them to start building again.

I have yet to have a building completely stop and be unfinishable after a reload. attached screenshot of furthest game.

Stick any templates that are having trouble here: [A16/A17] The buildings my hearthlings will not build (round 2!)

A post was merged into an existing topic: [A16/A17] The buildings my hearthlings will not build (round 2!)