Mod-Diary: "The Chronicle"

please tell me one of those tiers is sporting a Fez… :smile:

i really like the red outfits though… they definitely “pop”…

Giving them a monocle might make them fancier

Why doesn’t your skeleton have a monocle then?

He’s not ment to be Fancy

Oh, but EVERYTHING is fancy when you want it to be.

Another quicky… I have created the first smaller versions (10 x 10 x 10 voxels) of some of the tools which should be used in this mod. For a first shot I am fine with the outcome :wink:.

www.stonehearth.de/storage/chronicle/Miniaturen1.jpg

www.stonehearth.de/storage/chronicle/Miniaturen2.jpg

6 Likes

These are some great models. :clap:

Looking good! Can’t wait to see the animations for the them :smile:

as well you should be… these look great! :+1:

I appluade your hard work and dedication this would be awesome to have and, all the voxel look just right!

Small update… as I was curious to see how the graphical elements I have created would look in the game, I have added them into the Graphics Test. I am positively surprised. Looks quite Stonehearthish, no? :wink:

10 Likes

My gosh! This mod is amazing! However, I have a suggestion for you: Bookshelves! Perhaps you could craft bookshelves, construct a building, and make an impromptu library.

Bookshelves are already on my “extended list” as I would like to add a feature where you can “import” (find) books from past games or other players. Those could be stored in a shelf. However, first things come first… I also would like to re-use as many assets as possible from Vanilla Stonehearth and maybe there will be some shelves in already.

1 Like

ahh! i missed this update? it does indeed look very stonhearthish… :+1:

cant imagine what you guys are going to crank out once you have the terrain generation tools at your disposal… :smile:

1 Like

A world comprised entirely of upside-down cows!

1 Like

Thanks for creating this thread @voxel_pirate. You’ve given me an idea of how I should start planning and working on my mod(s). Whenever I finally stop debating on what it should be! I think your mod is progressing quite nicely and will be quite awesome :thumbsup:. And yes, I think the models are very “Stonehearth-ish” :smile:.

1 Like

Quick Question… What programming language does Stonehearth use? I need to know which one I should start learning.

@Valiance nice to hear that it helps you structuring your thoughts. For modding we will be able to use mainly Lua (logic) and JavaScript / HTML (UI). The following threads my be of interest:

P.S. Feel free to use the “edit”-function which you find at the end of your posts if you want to add something. If you edit a post it also bumps the thread :wink:.

1 Like

To make a mod would I have to tamper with the game engine? Or could I just focus on AI and UI?

And also what software do you recommend for animations?