Engine Error - bad unit transition "set_think_output" from "stopped in action find path to entity type

I was trying to move a vault and rather then being able to move it 1 block to the side (block-vault-vault-vault-vault to vault-vault-vault-vault) it kept stacking it on top of the one that I was wanting to shift

the first one:

release-472 (x64)
bad unit transition "set_think_output" from "stopped in action find path to entity type
stack traceback:
	[C]: ?
	[C]: in function 'set_think_output'
	...d_path_to_storage_containing_entity_type_action.luac:6: in function 'solved_cb'
	...th/components/pathfinder/shared_bfs_path_finder.luac:50: in function '_call_solved_cbs'
	...th/components/pathfinder/shared_bfs_path_finder.luac:42: in function <...th/components/pathfinder/shared_bfs_path_finder.luac:39>

and the second one:

release-472 (x64)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:
1 Like

Hey there @Fralee I am having a hard time visualizing this…mind attaching a screenshot?

In the meantime…paging @Albert

ill try to duplicate it give me a bit to try and see if I can have it happen again
((the one that is under the transparent one is the one I want to move. I was wanting to shift it 1 block left but after I click to confirm it to jumps up ontop of the I want to move

EDIT: alright I hope that helps @jomaxro

1 Like
release-472 (x64)
bad unit transition "set_think_output" from "stopped in action find path to entity type
stack traceback:
    [C]: ?
    [C]: in function 'set_think_output'
    ...d_path_to_storage_containing_entity_type_action.luac:6: in function 'solved_cb'
    ...th/components/pathfinder/shared_bfs_path_finder.luac:50: in function '_call_solved_cbs'
    ...th/components/pathfinder/shared_bfs_path_finder.luac:42: in function <...th/components/pathfinder/shared_bfs_path_finder.luac:39>

Hey there @Cabbage, can you give us some more information. What were you doing when this error occured? Did this prevent further gameplay?

I could keep playing.

I was just watching my villagers. I regularly zone out and watch.

The game was playable after the bug but I ended up saving and loading just to be sure.

My villagers were doing several things that I can think of: from planting trees, building a structure and reorganizing my supplies between storage containers.

2 Likes

Got the same error after I blocked off a goblin village and just declined the chiefs quest the second time around when he asked for the items I said I was going to make.

got the same error again. I was getting my resources off the ground and into chests when all of my villagers froze for about 5 minutes then the error popped up. After that they moved again.

1 Like

I was doing just about the same as you, @TheFinal1. About 4 or 5 of my Hearthlings were gathered around a set of Large Storage Crates.

im not sure if we need albert again…

@jomaxro ? any ideas?

Thanks @Fralee! Don’t think a new page is neccesary. I can tell you that the fix to this one is not necessarily an easy/quick one as it is seems to be pathfinder related but the cause does not always seem to be the same.

that’s kinda why I figured it would be best to poke you first :sweat_smile: thought you might know :smiley:

although it seemed to disappear for a patch

Alpha 14 version 2280 same bug occur too :wink:
I was clicking in a Leather Bound Chest but strange lol

Edit :slightly_smiling:

I think coz i have trying to get a flower from a far far away distance and he don’t get it and like always i was waitig for 1-2 days and after some days he get it maybe if it’s related to path finder :wink:

1 Like

@LaGrosseChoco :

did you get the error and have the item ‘jump’ up onto something else like the screenshot or was it just the error?

I’m not very sure about this :wink:

Hi @LaGrosseChoco
If you encounter this again, can you please copy and paste the error you see?
The other errors in this thread are from obfiscated lua, so it’s a bit hard to read. The latest code on a14 should have more information in the error.
Thanks
-Yang

1 Like

Of course i will try my best.Now each time i report an error i would put log, save and try to explain

1 Like