DwarfCorp - Kickstarter campaign

I have one of you too @SteveAdamo. :blush: .Dont ask me how I got these.

6 Likes

other than being overly generous on the pixelation, you nailed it…

last OT response… honest! :speech_balloon:

1 Like

Said I wasn’t going to back, but FINE. TAKE MY MONEY -.- $25.00 good sir.

I actually hadn’t noticed that Windows 8 wasn’t supported, which is what my PC runs, so unfortunately, I might actually have to back out…

I’m a bit of a noob, so if anyone knows that it WILL work, please tell me now.

@ManOfRet Im pretty sure it will run on windows 8 just not as well as on windows 7

I have a question about the $25 dollar reward, when you say name a feature in the game do you guys mean name some natural world wonder like the tallest mountain in the world or something or do we get to name an ore or something like that, If I get to name an ore or something I am totally going to say salt ( Dont ask me why, Its like asking Sips from the yogscast why Sipsco sells dirt )

1 Like

Nothing can compare to the dedication and quality assurance that goes into Sipsco Dirt.

1 Like

Except the dedication and quality assurance that goes into Newfco Salt. supplying quality over-priced salt since I decided to

2 Likes

This means continents, rivers, lakes, islands, oceans, penninsulas, great caverns, etc. We will provide a full list to backers. Actually come to think of it, ores are a great thing to name as well!

I’d go for Newfium. Sounds…‘sciency’…

Or maybe NEWFoundland for a continent :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

simple…

landmasses:

• The Isle of Steve
  • Point Steven
  • SteveBack Mountains

ores:

• Stevetonium
  • Stevenesium
  • Steveallium
2 Likes

I’d be impressed if you can convince Newf to use one of those :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

However, considering you created this thread saying you’d been waiting for DwarfCorp and I assume you may well have pledged $25…in which case, which are you planning to use? :stuck_out_tongue:

I wonder if all the people who make each game may one day come together to build the greatest city-building game in history ( sorry Sim City 4 and Civ. 5, you might both get bumped).

1 Like

i havent pledged yet (i wonder if the early bird special is still available?)… i probably will before the campaign ends though… :smile:

No, the early bird is gone. But a playable pre-alpha is here! I’ve been running it, and there are some pretty apparent glitches, but it runs pretty well and for the most part without a hitch!

I was really just saying that. After a few minutes, the game somehow starts to compound it’s own lag and system strain, and it eventually crashes. And the dwarves tend to get stuck in one spot if multiple tasks are assigned.

1 Like

…Umm…well…ummm…is this…?..ummmm yea. Nevermind. :confused:

1 Like

Thanks a lot guys you may have answered my question but now I have so many choices that I cant decide on!!! If I choose a continent called Newfoundland it will have to have Newfoundland Dogs roaming around and they will have to be lead by a massive Newfoundland Dog called King Newf

1 Like

for those geeks among us who enjoy discussions on procedural terrain generation (dont judge me!), there’s an interesting campaign update available here

it also looks like they are nearly 90% funded as well, so congrats to the devs!

I love reading about this stuff. Favorite blog http://procworld.blogspot.co.uk/

Also this kickstarter does odd things to my mind: Against the Wall by Michael P. Consoli —Kickstarter

oh my… it does indeed… im glad he was funded, but its such an awfully small amount for the half dozen folks he was looking to bring onboard!

Is this game out yet? if so where can I get it?