Alpha General Questions [the common stuff goes here]!

We actually have an old post about that!

Is this the same bug?

This is reported here

5 Likes

Thanks for the links :slight_smile: Gonna read them as soon as I have time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is it normal that in the latest Alpha 4 the trapper knife is not there,when you start the game?

Yes, this was the case for the release before this as well; to be short, it’s the case in Alpha 4. The trapper is being reconsidered by the developers after feedback from the players, related to the direct control you could exert on them. It should be added again when it’s been redone. In the last release, you could still get a trapper if a traveller brought or traded a trapper’s knife. Not sure if that’s still the case; I haven’t seen it in either version.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info!

1 Like

the devs need to consider lowering the price for the alpha, 30$ for an alpha is not a good price for an early alpha game. 20$ maybe but not 30$. I only say this cause I really wanna see this game succeed but with a price of 30$ just for the alpha it not going to attract a lot of people, the forest is only 15$ for god sake and rust is 20$ I don’t see this game getting the attention it deserves with a 30$ price, just to get the alpha your paying for the game twice since the preorder is 15$ whats the point of getting the alpha if you have to buy the game twice just to help with development.

welcome aboard @reapergames1990! :smiley:

you sort of nailed it right there… :wink:

those who want to fund the development, who have the additional funds, who want to participate in the early builds and development process, and who do not wish to wait until the public release…

and given that said public release is slated for next month, there is little reason to adjust the process now… :smile:

3 Likes

Just to add to what @steveadamo said, its also a kind of legacy price, in that during the kickstarter alpha access tier was priced at $30 and up, so it’d be a bit of a slap in the face to then offer alpha at $15.

Also the relatively high price ensures that the people who invest will likely be those that want to help out in bug reports etc. I think this is a big point as this really should be considered alpha and not early access - the game is still coming together, there are bugs and crashes.

As Steve has mentioned with a release in September which will be for the $15 backers it seems somewhat redundant altering the pricing now, although perhaps there is something to be said about that, especially if someone were to back $30 the day before the September release.

I think we’ve had this discussion somewhere else but I wont be at a laptop to link anything for a good 7 or 8 hours so maybe someone else can link the thread?

Also don’t forget there have been other alphas with huge prices, planetary annihilation and wasteland 2 i believe were something like $80 or $90 +.

6 Likes

After all, my $50 pledge on KS was obviously to get the benefits of the tier (2 alphas + 2 betas plus animalz!!!), but the reason I didn’t mind paying as much as many AAA releases was to support the devs. Because I am very happy to be a part of the funding to let these awesome dudes set up a gaming company that could last and bring out some awesome titles. Plus, the more money they have, the more stuff they can do and the better it will be for it. :dollar:

3 Likes

Hello Team Radient, I haven’t played for awhile and i just came back to stonehearth, the game is looking GREAT!

It runs like silk.

The Building system is very very well made and fun to experiment with and cool in general!

And I love the new trapper (so much better then the old trapper and fun to watch, but we cant get pets anymore, can you add the ability for us to choose whether or not a certain animal becomes a pet or something like that? Because Im hoping we will get war animals at some point when you start working on the multiple playstyles you promised us (part of the reason i bought the game)(conquest being one that was specified)

Will people still level up, is that still planned or will we just upgrade them? (The upgrades are what I am referring to)
If so How will you do it?

Either way its cool, im just curious.

Also When will we start seeing new enemies (Like zombies) and the dungeons that were mentioned awhile back?

but other then those couple little suggestions I am loving the game right now, its so fun to sit back and watch your town once you get ato a point (Im a big fan of the simulation aspect in games like this (part of why im so into dwarf fortress)

Thanks for all the hard work team radiant!

Also, Hiya discourse… You miss me?

1 Like

Hey @untrustedlife! Moved you over here as I felt it was more appropriate than using a new thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We can get pets, it’s just that it’s a small chance and that they were broken. See this thread. However, as you can also see in that thread (near the end), this has been fixed and pets will be in the next patch more properly.

Also excellent taste re:Dwarf Fortress :smiley:

likewise… my performance is pretty stellar… granted, Wesley is a beast… just sayin’ … :smile:

again, likewise! I love not only the improvement to the class, but that it happened (at least partially) as a result of listening to their customers… :smiley: :+1:

I believe so yes… but we don’t know the specifics just yet…

soon … hopefully very soon!

well… welcome back! :smile:

2 Likes

i leave them for the goblins to take so they don’t mess with my villagers

Hi will we be having rotation of objects in the game yet? like chairs etc. Plus the ability to deconstruct stuff? oh also there is a bug i keep getting in the buggy alpha for release where the carpenter and sometimes the weaver, just stop working, they won’t build anything or craft. they just mill about.

next on my little list of things i wanna say is, its a dam cute game which i like, but the the enemies at the moment are kinda game breaking because they slaughter your people and you don’t have enough people to have as guards. Next is you can’t place stockpiles on floors, so you can’t build say a carpenters house and have a work room for him etc. which i find annoying.

none the less liking the game, you have a good base down and i think things will fall into place quickly, maybe not the digging i can see that being difficult.

You can already rotate items by pressing the . and , keys it shows you on the bottom left of the screen during item placement (see screenshot)

Deconstruction will be in eventually as far as we know.

The way around this (without messing about with the files) is to simply ignore the first goblin that appears, if you don’t kill it then you won’t be attacked by goblins.

Yer this is known and I believe something high up on the list of things to rectify as we all want to be placing things within buildings :slight_smile:

6 Likes

thanks man, super helpful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I moved a post to an existing topic: Post your Alpha 4 Screenshots!

2 Likes

After playing some time Alpha 3, I found a few stuff that should be looked at on gameplay because they pretty much broke my gameplay experience. Ofc these are just suggestions of how I played it:

1. Easier way to totally abort what you are doing. Sometimes I was stuck with a character selected waiting to a destination, and nothing I could do would take me out of that mode. What I did expect was that choosing something outside of the scope, I would abort that behaviour, like choosing another character (which is not possible in this example) it would abort my movement/action option and move to that character options instead

2. ESC almost always get me to the menu. Maybe if you have anything open like a character option, a screen whatever, ESC would close that first, this implementing the above “easier way to abort”

3. While trying to abort making a house, somehow I clicked a place where a house was not even possible to be built and it accepted the command, and the characters build just a wall! lol. needs a better double-checking if there is enough room for the house. Also, we should get whenever possible a way to UNDO stuff. “oh that house doesn’t seem right, let me order my toons to demolish it” … so “oh why did they build this wall?” can be fixed by telling them to tear it down.

4. Are we going to see better animation on a tree being taken down? atm it just vanishes. Maybe make the voxels go disapearing from borders to core (leaves) then from top to bottom. Maybe even at certain stage “fall” the tree.

5. Are we going to get the oposite too? planting trees? =p

Well those are my questions based on alpha 3, ty for reading.

@wisp, thank you for your thoughts, but are you aware that there is a prerelease available for Alpha 4? Information on how to access it using Steam is available here. You commented on the thread for alpha 4 questions, after all. Mind you, a good number of the suggestions you had were not yet implemented, but it’s still got some very nice stuff in it.

1 Like