Calender Error - Day 1 Of Bittermun

release-472 (x64)
...earth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.luac:127: attempt to perform arithmetic on field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	radiant/modules/events.luac:84: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:81>
	...earth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.luac:127: in function 'fn'
	radiant/modules/events.luac:97: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:96>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
	radiant/modules/events.luac:96: in function 'trigger'
	radiant/modules/events.luac:121: in function '_trigger_gameloop'
	radiant/modules/events.luac:150: in function '_update'
	radiant/server.luac:19: in function <radiant/server.luac:17>

Still an issue in alpha 14

release-524 (x64)
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:360: attempt to perform arithmetic on field ‘?’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:214: in function ‘report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:225: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:219>
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:360: in function ‘_on_event_loop’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:37: in function ‘instance’
radiant/modules/events.lua:209: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:203>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:234: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.lua:203: in function ‘trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:272: in function ‘_trigger_gameloop’
radiant/modules/events.lua:323: in function ‘_update’
radiant/server.lua:62: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>

After this, daily updates disappear , no monsters spawn and no traders, caravans or merchants stop by.

It’s pretty gamebreaking :disappointed:

Always happens at 9pm on 30th of Northmun, 1st day of bittermun

http://www.filedropper.com/calendererror

Added the savefile.

i’m gonna load up the save file to see if anything is super outta place…

edit:

hmm… cant really see anything obvious, but here’s my guess,

if you look at the stonehearth calendar Northmun is like December, its the last month of the year, so the calendar might be bugging out because it has no clue how to change the year from “1000” to “1001”

i’m going to page @yshan though.

ahhh That where this bug is from lol

This also happened on 1st day of bittermun

1 Like

@8BitCrab
You are right! O_O we have never tested the game going past a year before because it’s never been able to last a full year!I am fixing this in a15.
Thank you for the report!
-Yang

4 Likes

while ur at it. could this also be affected by it

this affect where nothing dies, fires don’t go out, lights stay on, crops don’t grow

repage :stuck_out_tongue:

@micheal_handy76_mh
Does that happen in your game always after a save? If so, please upload the save and I’ll test to see if it fixes it
Thanks
-Yang

it in gigantic save thread at that point, and yes it stays on during game after save reload

http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/epic-gigantic-a14-saves/19524/52

@yshan

1 Like

Hi @micheal_handy76_mh
I made some fixes to the calendar errors in your save for a15.
Do you get a fabricator renderer error on load in your save? I’m seeing a few of them and I’m wondering how it got into that state so I can reproduce it in a test world. Was there any special building using console commands, etc?
Thank you
-Yang

@yshan Yes i have fabricator renderer error , but didn’t start happen till late game, when i had walls up, castle up and most of the houses up. the only command i use is destroy, (As i build 1 floor at a time, to ease the AI with pathfinding) when ladders/scaffolding get put in bad spots. I get a lot of lag at night when lights and fires go.

This error started happening after i got main castle build done. Noticed after i built 3 separate builds to castle with hearthling. Saved and reloaded. It put the same build back to ghost Blueprint stacked under the original build, only on 3 separate walls/rooms. I had to destroy those going into Flat look. as it was already built. That when Fab error showed up and hasn’t left

Edit: Also, when you try and add anything to castle, they start throwing ladders and scaffolding on front every time, i think that has to do with the ghost builds i destroyed. I think they are trying to build over the original build.

Also i noticed on late game anytime i set to flat, builds disappear, (example: would be clock tower) when they use to show up under flat look, I think also when i cut the world too. I know late game things started get wierd

1 Like

@micheal_handy76_mh
What do you mean by Noticed after i built 3 separate builds to castle with hearthling. Saved and reloaded. It put the same build back to ghost Blueprint stacked under the original build, only on 3 separate walls/rooms.

What did it look like when the blueprint was stacked under the original build? I think they have always been stacked under, but shouldn’t be visible if the full building has been built. Was there a visual issue with it?

Deleting the “ghost” blueprint undernearth is what is causing the fabricator renderer warnings. Ideally, the blueprint should not need to get into a situation where the user would want to delete it …

Thanks!
-Yang

@yshan

As u can see the window sat there not put in, even after full build is done. Now i thought they was refusing to put the window in, The walls of each of those rooms a free standing wall. This was after a reload of the game, I have a habit of saving the game then reloading after each save, to make sure that the game stays fresh. When i did and was trying to figure out why they wasnt placing the window. I looked at every possible angle of the build from out side the castle to inside the castle. underground ect ect. I used the Building vision icon and hit the second time. i saw a ghost build of the floor under 2nd floor of what was built on all that i have built. i was able to select it and decided to destroy it. When i did it destroyed almost all of the build. so i reloaded. That when i saw is was also on the 1st and 3rd floor too. So i tried from the 1st floor, and it did delete it. and went to 3rd floor and destroyed that too w/o losing build. Each time saving and reloading. Finally went to 2nd floor and was able to destroy that. After all said and done. they ran over and put the window in. that’s when the Fab error started to show up and not go away. I guess that best explanation i could give on this situation. I deleted that save awhile back. So in actuality there was 2 blueprints stacked together, could be a guess

Idk if it made the error or not, just stated it started showing up after that situation. I know it got worse and worse the more i built. till the end calendar issue

Edit: Sorry @yshan. I’m not a coder, I build and blueprint in real life, a General Contractor. All i can do is tell u what happen when the issue shows up. :frowning:. I wish i still had that save and i should have got a screenshot of the ghost blueprint under the actual build. Thought i did, but guess i didn’t when i went back to look for it.