Qubicle Competition Discussion - Kickstarter Edition

We <3 the banner at the top of the competition. Thanks, @Goldmetal!

3 Likes

Gah! I forgot to put it in here as well.

runs off

2 Likes

You are welcome~
I’m glad to see you’re satisfied.

3 Likes

Oh my god, you have your own little emoji.

3 Likes

Screw Titles! I want an emoji!!!

2 Likes

(Add a title attribute and it could pass as an emoji)

My golem has undergone lots of changes, and some of the variants will be in the same image of that submission. (The rest I can post them here, like these front parts of the body :arrow_down: )
Didn’t want to make spoiler, I’m refining details. Well, he doesn’t even have those colors now ._.

5 Likes

I decided to go with the Festival stretch goal…Here’s a sneak peek at a section that even now still isn’t complete :3

The building is 50% complete and the scene objects are also incomplete :smile:

5 Likes

Can i post my dragon whelp from my mod or would that be cheesy? xD

I don’t see why not! You’ve made it, and it’s one of the Kickstarter stretch goals so go for it!

It’s so difficult to decide… >_<
With or without cracks, filled eyes or hollow eyes, more than 10 different front parts of the body I’ve already made… (the back is another story).
Any opinions on this?

Which ones do you like?
I’ve used colors of the terrain. For the eyes I wanted something more shiny (like the green of the last one above), but I don’t know what will I do in the end.
Also, bracelets or anklets? Both is too much =S
I don’t even know what would be the tool for promoting a geomancer.

2 Likes

I would say without cracks. with filled eyes and bracelets definitely bracelets :slight_smile:

Cracks could look good, but they would make too much texture, yes…

Ahem… 3 models means 3 submissions? Because you could say Newf has already submitted 3 models (they are different) but in the other hand, y2bcrazy has many models because of the festival theme.

If it’s a general theme people will make backgrounds and several models (not only one variation of a tree). That counts as one entry/model/submission, or not?

I’m asking because I want to submit something right now. I can’t decide between my variants so I’ll just upload several images (to see the different sides of the model) and a turntable with 2 models which are equal but have different details.

I’m not that much interested on the prizes, more like I want to toss a suggestion, my own vision of how a golem could be; and the more submissions we have, the more fun it will be.

2 Likes

Sorry for the wording @Relyss!

I mean you can submit three entries. I want to keep the rules pretty relaxed to enable people to do whatever they can/want, within reason, to submit stuff :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ahhh! the geomancer is so cute and yet intimidating at the same time…

love it! :smile: :+1:

Well they are all in the same category (Pirates. Ninjas. Politicians) so I guess it counts…

The issue was with my wording, I meant for it to be taken that people could submit 3 entries, not 3 models, as in 3 individual models.

1 Like

It counts as one submission, you can submit more things if you want =)
@SteveAdamo, are you referring to the girl’s model? That’s from Froggy, I didn’t modify it but I used it to decorate a little >_< (although I think she has really saturated colors, I don’t like them very much).

I’m going to edit the post so that’s clear and nobody thinks it’s mine when it’s not (surely that would be against the rules).

apologies… i was rushing to respond, before stepping into a meeting… :wink:

let me rephrase:

:smile:

3 Likes

@Newf i am taking the conversation here to not derail the other one :slight_smile:

this one then?

this is very inspirational right?

Isn’t that just a recoloured wolf?