Mod: Resourcecraft v0.2 (craftable resource nodes)

Here are some pictures of the cloth and bed

now for the bed

1 Like

works now! here is some pictures

2 Likes

Cool hypercorrection!

This looks like a neat idea. If I get to the point where I play a single game for sufficiently long periods of time that I start to worry about these resources (which will require several bug fixes first, probably), and yet the game has not yet reached the point where these resources are self-renewable (reproduction/replanting/herding of trees and sheep etc.), I will probably use this. Thank you for your work!

1 Like

you should add saplings sprouts for tree replanting.

That’s actually what I want to take a look into @ownerpure5. Having farms which can be harvested for wood is nice, but growing saplings there would fit perfectly into the game. Once you have them grown, you could plant them somewhere as real trees which are continuing to grow.

What would be interesting to see simulated is growing of saplings and such before planting them as you described. Trees could drop acorns or other types of seeds. You can have the farmer auto plant the acorns in some sort of raised bed planter and harvest saplings you can either use as decorative house plants or can plant to regrow trees.

1 Like

Actually this begs the question where does the farmer get all the turnip/corn seeds?

@Avairian I like the way you are thinking. Putting all this ideas together that would provide quite some depth / functionality to the game and the profession of a farmer. Will start “small” and try to extend Miturion’s pre-work… let’s see if can already work as a stand-alone mod.

1 Like

Why thank you. :smile:

Hmmmm we should make a series of highly sofisticated in depth mods for us crazy folk to play with. :wink:

1 Like

With Alpha 4 the mod is broken. Did not investigate but I think crafting changed a bit and I would need to adjust it. However, instead I’ve continued with the idea to add a “Tree Nursery” which allows to grow trees on a farming field and to plant the grown trees as a new wood resource.

Here a first screenshot:

P.S. Credits are going to @sdee for the idea and @Miturion for the pre-work.

2 Likes

looks cool! :smiley:

looks good :smiley:
It is somewhat a better control on the amount of woods you pile up heheh.

… but gives me also a first feeling on how difficult it is to tune the game. How fast should the trees grow? How much wood should a planted tree provide? How many saplings should go into one basket? Questions over questions…

Ya I know :cry:. I basicly just did the fastest growing as possible for the beanstalk farm. But for longer games it is too much.

And this is why God gave us spreadsheets :smiley: .

Sure, ATM it’s a bit meaningless, but IMHO, you want to be looking at it in terms of efficiency, in terms of resources, time, and prerequisites (eg level 3 farmer required - got to include those costs too). For example, suppose it costs 1 seed + 5 minutes IRL time to make 1 ripe potato (food value: 20)… your 1 seed + 2 minutes for 2 ripe bananas (food value: 30) is probably OP :slight_smile: .

Granted, I made all that up, but you get the idea I hope :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

This pretty overpowered to me…

deaded?

lorem ipsum opossum

do you still have the link? seems like i came too late and its already broken! :sweat:

Just be aware that this mod was created 3 years ago, when Stonehearth was just taking its first steps in the world – back then we couldn’t re-plant trees, or make cloth from renewable silkweeds; so a mod like this was a requirement.

Nowadays, there’s no strict need for a mod like this – you should be able to grow your own crops for all basic resources thanks to farmers. They’ll need to have an appropriate level (trees are one of the last things they learn how to grow), but you can train those levels on other crops thankfully so there’s no risk of running out of trees, fabric or so on anymore.

There are also traders now, so it’s possible to top up your supplies even before you can plant new trees and so on :merry:

However, if you’d like to use a mod like this for convenience, simplicity, or just while your farmer is levelling up; that’s cool – it’s your game to play how you wish! Unfortunately though this mod is well out of date, so you’d have to either look into creating a new mod with similar features; or look at getting this mod updated. I’d suggest going for the former; since the modding methods will have changed so much since this mod came out that it’s probably easier to start from scratch.

I hope one of those things helps you out, hahah :merry:

3 Likes

yes it did! i was just wondering if it was still around, cus the idea sound wonderful! haha but thank you so much!!