Third Person Perspective
# of players
Currently designed to be a single player game, possibility of co-op multiplayer support in the future
Generic Rundown of the Game
You’re a young boy/girl that has just reached the coming of age for your village, and you’re tasked with going out on your own and becoming an adult. The game starts with you exiting the village gates and them being shut behind you. Outside the village is hostile terrain where monsters lie, you are left to take care of yourself and weather any obstacle that may come your way.
You start out as a clean slate, tabula rasa if you may, throughout the game you are able to level up skills to increase your chances of survival, becoming a better blacksmith unlocks the abilty to craft better, becoming a better shipwright unlocks the ability to make better boats, you get the point.
- Melee Combat (ability to use better melee weapons and hit more damage with them)
- Ranged Combat (ability to use better ranged weapons and hit more damage with them)
- Magic Combat (ability to use better magic weapons and hit more damage with them)
- Endurance (increase max health/stamina, regeneration rates and how long you can go without eating)
- Woodcutting (ability to use better axes and cut better wood)
- Mining (ability to use better pickaxes and mine better ore)
- Fishing (ability to catch better fish)
- Hunting (ability to skin better animal carcasses)
- Farming (ability to farm better crops)
- Shipwright (ability to create better ships)
- Smithing (ability to create better armor/weapons)
- Cooking (ability to cook better food)
- Fletching (ability to craft better ranged gear)
- Alchemy (ability to craft better potions and tonics)
- Leathersmith (ability to craft general equipment(capes, etc))
- Dock (wood/materials->Boats)
- Anvil (ores->bars->equipment)
- Cooking (raw ingredients->cooked food)
- Fletching table(wood->bows)
- Alchemist Table(plants/animal parts->potions/tonics)
- Leathersmith(animal hides->tanned hides->leather gear)
- No aggro monsters
- Lower level fish are caught
- Relatively safe
- Aggro sea monsters
- Better fish caught
- Less predators(wolves, dragons, lions,etc)
- Peaceful Animals roaming(rabbits,cows,horses,foxes)
- More dangerous
- Predators spawning closer to the player
- Very few peaceful animals out(possibly eaten by the predators)
- Aggro sea creatures in shallow waters
Hunger gage that will grow with Endurance, eating food will satisfy it, when it reaches 0 you will start to lose health every XX seconds.
In the game there will be towns you can encounter and in these towns you can pay the town chief to house you for the night. When inside the town you are safe from wild monsters outside, you are able to save the game(only inside the town), trade vendors, and effectively skip the night.
I’m not 100% on this at the moment, but the aim of the game is to be difficult. There may be difficulty settings that you can choose from at the start that will impact the game in varying ways. Current ideas on the idea board are
- Saving only available when inside a town,whether it’s your start town or a random town
- Only one save applicable per run through the game.
- Save deleting upon losing(maybe only on harder difficulty settings)
- Certain monsters/bosses/items only accessible through harder game settings(think Terraria).