Windborne, by Hidden Path

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com//wp-content/uploads/multi/2013/08/Windborne.jpg
http://www.hiddenpath.com/games/windborne/

This is an interesting title that popped up at PAX. I saw a video by TotalBiscuit on it, and it looks really great.

It’s a beautiful little game where you play as a magical being who’s job it is to build up a civilization of small sentient beings. When you start, they are few and live in huts on a very empty floating island in the sky, with some ruins and a few strange, floating animals.
http://www.ariablarg.tv/asset/uploads/2013/08/windborne.png

Windborne brings social sandbox creation games to the next level. Explore a vibrant world filled with secrets to unlock and treasures to find, craft personalized furnishings and innovative artifacts, and befriend intriguing Jin to help build a new civilization. Will you seek out the clues and artifacts of the ancients, or just loot passing islands for minerals and rare plants? Bring along your friends while you play, and share your creations with the world. Where will the wind take you? Inspired by games such as Animal Crossing, Minecraft, Dwarf Fortress, and the early Zeldas, expect more on Windborne as we work towards Steam Early Access release later this year.

Game Play Features:
• Building – With a wide variety of building materials, furnishings, and artifacts, you can build whatever you can imagine
• Crafting – Everything can be made and improved, and everything you make has a purpose.
• Exploring – You will be part of your own story as you explore an interesting world that is full of wonder and surprise. Explore millions of ruins filled with puzzles and treasure.
• Guiding – Guide the Jin to civilization by defending them, building homes for them, and teaching them, and they will help you in return.
• Community – See other islands floating by, and visit them to trade with their owners. Join your friends and help them build their town.
• Dragons – Breed dragonlings to unlock special abilities, including the ability to fly!
• Combat – Defeat enemies that are encroaching on your island, or try assaulting a copy of your friend’s island to test its defenses.
• Quests – Pick and choose quests to give you optional challenges that net big rewards.

1 Like

Link to the site: Page Not Found - Hidden Path Entertainment

Thank you for that, I couldn’t find it.

EDIT

Cleaned up the topic a bit by using Hidden Path’s description and such, so its a bit more clear.

quite the interesting mix of inspiration… sold! :smile:

thanks for the heads-up @RoseyNineOneOne:+1:

i saw the gameplay trailer

2 Likes

That’s unhealthy. Didn’t your mother ever tell you to not snort cocaine?

ok, just watched the first look trailer, and i have to admit… im confused… :smile:

it did a poor job of describing what the game is about… i suppose i’ll have to resort to reading the description you provided… :wink:

2 Likes

Real men inject it straight

i only inject marijuanas, it’s safer

Better get back on topic soldiers, or else yee shall face thar gallows.

3 Likes

Better stop making drug refrences on fourms made for children. @SteveAdamo and @Geoffers747 get in here!

Sounds Like a cool game, I’ll check it out if I have the time

wise words, my flock… wise indeed…

The great Steve hast spokeneth, and the nukesethes have been fired, as a randometh flock of birds of course, for their deaths shall be his great metaphoreth for this timeth periodeth.

1 Like

So says he with said frail and foolish ye olde accent.