Will it work on my laptop?

My System Spec’s are:

Operating System
Windows 8.1 64-bit

CPU
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T5800 @ 2.00GHz 57 °C
Merom 65nm Technology

RAM
3.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 332MHz (5-5-5-15)

Motherboard
LENOVO JIWA1 (U2E1) 53 °C

Graphics
Generic Non-PnP Monitor (1024x768@60Hz)
Digital Flat Panel (1024x768 60Hz) (1024x768@60Hz)
Sanyo 32" Flat Screen (connection via VGA, 800x600, Can’t make screen res any bigger using VGA not sure why!!)
Intel Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Lenovo)
Intel Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Lenovo)

Storage
149GB Western Digital WDC WD1600BEVT-22ZCT0 (SATA) 45 °C

Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633B

Audio
High Definition Audio Device

GFX Card
Intergrated (Intel HD 4000)

I can play The Sims 4 on this laptop so I can’t imagine not being able to play this game but I can’t test it without buying the game (A demo would be nice guy’s, So rare to find a game demo these day’s).

I can also make my own game’s on this laptop in Unity 4 and 5 (albeit running into a slight bit of lag every now and again).

There are obviously less legal method’s of trying the game out but I don’t want to resort to that sort of nefarious activity if I can help it.

Any help is greatly appreciated the game looks awesome from screenshots I’ve seen (no video’s yet)

Welcome to the forum!

As long as your Intel drivers are updated, that should run the game. If not, please let us know.

3 Likes

Doesn’t steam allow you to return games if you have under 2 hours of playtime now? Or does that only apply to games that the developers allow to be returned?

The thing I’d worry about most is the amount of RAM - it can start using a lot as your city grows, so you’d probably have to restart a lot.

You can buy it through steam and return the game if you stay under 2 weeks and under 2 hours of gameplay. They recently changed that. You get your money back of course.

1 Like

I’ve got the same processor on my computer, but 4gb of ram and a (decent for the time) video card, but I’m running vista

The game runs fine at the moment, but I never play long enough to make a sprawling city – I have my doubts it will be smooth at that point, to be honest, but we’ll see what my computer can do when the game is more complete.

I’m gonna second @Miturion and @Xylos’s suggestions.
Try it out! Let us know if it works or not, and return it if you have no luck

2 Likes