Why exactly is XP requirement stacking across professions?

I’m having a hard time finding a reason for this. Especially since NONE of the benefits apply. I’ve seen people cite HP but that seems to not be true. I’ve got a Hearthling with close to level 30 and 5 in body. Who despite this only has about as much HP as a body 5 level 6 archer.

It just seems weird, since it means we’re basically being punished for having Hearthlings switch professions or even “rank up” for absolutely no good reason?

0 Likes

It’s to discourage “jack of all trades”/“super hearthlings” trained in all jobs; as a rather blunt and inelegant way of encouraging players to spread the jobs around between different hearthlings. The ultimate goal was to promote interaction with the different hearthlings, but I think it falls short there since it just makes the creation of those super-hearthlings more tedious; it doesn’t give any advantage to having complimentary skill-sets on different hearthlings.

2 Likes

Seems weird, since they can only do one job efficiently anyway. Which means a single hearthling trained per job usually works out better anyway.

2 Likes