Attempt to index field 'fabricator' (a nil value) - in function '_trace_project_region'

release-472 (x32)
...earth/services/server/build/scaffolding_manager.luac:48: attempt to index field 'fabricator' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	[C]: ?
	...earth/services/server/build/scaffolding_manager.luac:48: in function '_trace_project_region'
	...earth/services/server/build/scaffolding_manager.luac:13: in function <...earth/services/server/build/scaffolding_manager.luac:10>

Hello mate !
The error seems to show that you somehow (or didn’t by yourself) have a bad placement with something you build :smiley:

what does exactly happen in game when the error popped up ? :open_mouth:

nothing happened my hearthlings where building at the time that error popped up I crossed it off and the game continued as normal

I get the same exact error but it was because i really asked for it :smiley: !
That’s why i was thinking it look like the same but in your case, that seems to be strange :o !

Nothing strange in the build too ? :o

no don’t think so looks how I designed it, last time I had that error though on a build the hearthlings never put the door in :confused:

1 Like

Don’t worry so mate :slight_smile:
If it isn’t have a bad behavior on the game after she popped up, everything’s fine :stuck_out_tongue:
Now you reported it, the dev would have more solution to fix it :smiley:

I would have do the same but you was faster :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit : I’m gonna try to reproduce the same faulty build i do in my game because the error message was the same as you and provide a screen and a savegame !

2 Likes

Hey @Albert, seen this exact error in a few threads. Has this been resolved?

This is probably still an open bug.

OK, let me merge the threads…

what is that kind of error guys?
tnx!

release-465 (x32)
...earth/services/server/build/scaffolding_manager.luac:48: attempt to index field 'fabricator' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	...earth/services/server/build/scaffolding_manager.luac:48: in function '_trace_project_region'
	...earth/services/server/build/scaffolding_manager.luac:13: in function <...earth/services/server/build/scaffolding_manager.luac:10>
release-465 (x32)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

*ALPHA 12

omg look guys…
so many! O.o

Looks as if to be another error with the scaffolding fabricator.

It shows 154 errors :open_mouth:. Are they all the same/similar, or is each one substantially different?

i guess they all have something the same with bulding system

My stonehearth game lately has been lagging. So i decided to look at my RAM. Then i saw 9GB being used so then i closed stonehearth and it jumped all the way down to 2 GB of RAM. Is it supposed to take that much RAM?

Computer Specs:
Intel i7-2600K
2 GB Nvidia Geforce 760
16 GB RAM

I changed it from windowed to full screen and it didn’t jump to 9 GB Again. Weird. Thought i’d let you guys know. Plus i got this engine error:

release-465 (x64)
stack traceback:

Yeah, they fixed one resource leak but another one appeared. Bacically, in c++ they are using probably using the “new” command quite frequently without discarding them properly. The result is that new memory (hence “new” command) is only used for a few calculations is never marked as reusable and instead when the program wants more storage it just takes more. Wait for an update or restart the program once in a while.

welcome to the discourse @Crusher :smile:

the game should not be using that much ram, this sounds like a memory leak.

did you get that error once, or was it a continually repeating error?

2 Likes

The coding isn’t perfect yet, this’ll eat at your RAM after a while yea ^^’

[size=10]16GB should be fine for at least a while tho o.o[/size]

1 Like

welcome to the discourse @Crusher :smile:

Thank you ! @8BitCrab :grin:

did you get that error once, or was it a continually repeating error?

It was once when i loaded the game. I haven’t loaded the game since but after class i’ll head back and load again to see if the error persists! By game i mean the “Save”

2 Likes