What are some of your favorite anime series?

Netflix is so much better in America!!! IT’S UNFAIR!!!

It’s worth giving a try. Unlike some of the other anime’s I’ve watched (Soul Eater, for example) the first episode is as good and on par with the rest of the series, so if you don’t like that one you’ll probably not like the rest of it.

Yeah, I tried Code Geass out and it’s okay. I love the fact, that they concentrate on the mindgames and just let the combats be there as a side-effect, because after all these are just standard… the concept itself is great, but there are some little things that really bother me. Like the actions of some characters, where I’m just sitting there and scream “No one would do such stupidity!” (aka Shirley^^).
Furthermore I really hate these little previews at the end of the episodes because more often they don’t have anything to do with what really happens in the next episode and that sucks. You watch the next episode, waiting for the announced twist and it isn’t there… but let’s see, what the final episodes will be…

Also this week: How to displease manga fans, Tokyo Ghoul Style… xD
After all I really don’t like alternate anime versions, because mostly they are just bad (looks at Akame ga kill).

Shirley is an odd character. Either you like her goofyness and the tragedy of her story, or you find her annoying. That’s what most people believe anyways.

Honestly though, she isn’t the worst. No, the most hated character is by far worse than her. Nina may be one of my top 5 least favorite characters of all time, and that’s saying something.

[quote=“Andrew91, post:449, topic:2674”]
Either you like her goofyness and the tragedy of her story, or you find her annoying.[/quote]
I really don’t dislike Shirley as a character. I understand the reason, she is there and I also understand, why some of the actions must happen, so I’m really okay with her as a construct. It’s just, that the fascination of Code Geass is the mindgame and therefore you need a clear “ruleset” for the acting. So it’s just like you play chess and then for one turn one pawn just race around the field… ^^

I may add that this is critic on a really high level, compared to other anime, where the characters moreoften have no real reason to do anything. But while the typical fighting shonen can get away with it, because it’s just minor part, it really bothers me in such “intelligent anime”. It’s the same with some actions in the second half of Death Note. It feels like cheating to get a more dramatic story, while they don’t want to invest time to cronstuct a more reasonable scene.

Long story shot I do enjoy Shirley as character and symbol for Zero’s “innocence”. But some times (and mostly connected with her) I’m just sitting there and want to cry because of stupidity :smiley:

Ok, yea in that case I can understand. Just out of curiosity, what were some of the stupid moments you’re talking about? (I can only really think of two instances in the first season really).

Also, if you’re wondering how the season is going to end, oh boy are you in for a surprise. My fiance sat bolt upright and shouted “WHAT?! They’re ending on THAT?!” when we watched it, and she’s rarely shocked by TV shows. :smile:

I really disliked the second half of Death Note. I thought it would have ended perfectly with the death of L and Kira becoming God of the new world, with everything else becoming uncertain.

Oh, it was mostly little moments of stupidity, but the one and only one would be a really:

Shirley moment Hey, this woman I see for the first time says the person I love is a terrorist. Better follow her, then go to a battlefield and after there were massiv explosions everywhere and something with the impact of some big fat nuke, let's go even further an the battlefield, take a pistol, nearly kill (but don't be sure to kill) another person and then go and try "double-suicide" with the person I love... I mean, I'm really in with the result, the inner pain of Zero, the fact that he realizes his feelings, etc pp. But these actions are totally against the character, Shirley was introduced with...

To the end. Yeah, let’s see when I’m going to look it. I have the bad habit to stop looking one anime, if it gets to a boring point or I just don’t have the mood to look any further and right now I have 20 (4 airing right now) animes (and some second/thried seasons to go) at the same time open. So after my exams I will try to end some of them before starting something new… ^^

About Death Note Second Half I really understand why they can't end the anime like this and I'm really okay with the ending itself. My problem is, that for this ending Kira had to make some really stupid mistakes although he showed in the first half, that he never would do such stupid things. It's the old "god power" problem... ^^

By the way: How do you make these cool spoiler-effect? It works even with FF, so that might be the better spoiler in here :smiley:

I just use (minus the . ) and you get the blurred spoilers.

In regards to the second half, I don’t know. I think it would have been just fine ending it where I mentioned, or if they couldn’t then actually ending it decently. The entire Milo and Near arc was just one giant “was this really necessary?” to me, on top of the point that you mentioned about Kira’s mistake.

Second season some episodes where animated in japan :smiley:

You learn something new every day it seems :slight_smile:

[quote=“Andrew91, post:453, topic:2674”]
The entire Milo and Near arc was just one giant “was this really necessary?” to me[/quote]
To me, I get why the arc is there. You can’t just let the “hero” get away with the murders, so he has to be defeated at some point. But loosing against L would mean, that he was the loser for the hole anime. So he has to be victorius, right before he falls…

Anyway, new finished Anime and it’s Ben-To. It’s an anime about people fighting in supermarkets to get half-priced food. And while it just sounds crazy, it really is a great anime. Really enjoyed the time, the animation and the feel good atmosphere. Of course, 12 episodes aren’t enough for a deep story, but after all, it’s great comedy =)

just to make sure people dont look and a say “half-prized foot? they fight for half a foot in a supermarket?”

Haha, that would be terrible :smiley:
And yeah, it’s sad how fast you forgot your vocabulary if it’s not your native language… :cry:

I’m old school, So Magic Scroll. is one of my tops, then probably any Dragonball. currently I’m loving Fairy Tail.

Ben-to <3 your going to make me rewatch it

Just finished Death Note and thoroughly enjoyed it, though I did wish it was longer then 37 episodes…

Just finished Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Why the didn’t make a second season detailing the adventures through foreign lands, I will never know.

I must agree with you, I need to know… through moving pictures!!!

Meh, I didn’t really need to, seeing as I was attached already to the people of Amestris (spelling), unless they unleashed more godlike storytelling and character development, I wouldn’t really care about another nation as I did Amestris.

Xing people seemed pretty cool, I mean Ling was my favourite character after all.
They probably didn’t create it because well Ed didn’t have alchemy, and Alphonse got his body back, which was the whole point of the journey they originally started. right?