What are some of your favorite anime series?

I used to read manga but couldn’t do the bi-weekly/monthly updates that some of the good ones have

I know that feeling :slight_smile:
I am reading Drifters by the time and it takes around a 2 month for the fast updates.

yea compared to manga the wait for anime is nothing

Anime… hmm. Not watched a lot, and most of it seems pretty silly to me, but there we go. Anyway…

-Dragonball Z - bits of it on Cartoon Network years ago. In summary: “hnnnnnnnng!” - Pewpew - “Blah blah for 20 episodes” :stuck_out_tongue: . Apparently it’s based on the legends of Sun Wukong, so I can only assume whoever wrote said legends is spinning in their grave at the desecration :stuck_out_tongue: .

-Gundam Wing - as above. In summary: “War is hell” - Pew pew, lots & lots of dead bad guys - Repeat until end. Also call the hero “Heero”, because what’s subtlety?

-Sailor Moon - as above. In summary, WTF?!

-Cowboy Bebop - Liked this one mostly. Interesting worldbuilding, characters and stories = yay.

-Ghost in the Shell - Favourite anime so far, mostly for the same reasons as Cowboy Bebop but a little more in my preferred genre(s) too.

-Legends of Galactic Heroes - Working my way through it ATM (subtitles, no dubs), ~30 episodes to go. Younger siblings love the fact that “kakka” is apparently Japanese for “sir” or “your excellency” or something, whilst in my family it’s baby-talk for poo. Execrable tactics, even worse (!) politics, full of fascist themes, I can’t find myself rooting for anyone in it frankly.

I have enjoyed a lot of the anime reviews at SFDebris though. The guy is, like me, a sci-fi nerd but newbie to anime, and has reviewed Cowboy Bebop (hence why I watched it), Ghost in the Shell, Evangelion, Full Moon, Gundam 0080, Kannazuki No Miko, and Madoka Magica.

I remember watching it a long time ago, I don’t remember much about it, but I remember liking it a lot. :smiley: Going to have to watch it again soon. Also need to watch Appleseed. So many animes, so little time.

Was not terribly impressed TBH. The fat cyborg gangster was just bad, and the final weapon at the end was so stupidly impractical it completely shattered my suspension of disbelief.

“We could use a regular nuke… or, we could invest a bajillion dollars and countless man-hours and precious resources into this superweapon that’s actually just a glorified nuclear bomb delivery mechanism.”
“Oh, the latter, definitely the latter. Not like there’s a war to end all wars on after all.”

:angry:

Fairy Tail

Bam.
BAM…
BAMMM.

@teleros if you’ve watched that many, it’s about time you watch one of the staples of anyone who has watched over five animes…Full Metal Alchemist and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. There are so many great characters in both versions, from the protagonist to the antagonist to almost everyone in between. There is no question that it is worth a watch.

Will look into it, thanks :slight_smile: .

you can’t miss out on trigun either

Lots of them.

Bleach is my own faverite anime it has lots of action and it’s a very long one as well

I gotta say, just finished reading Attack on Titan: Colossal Edition, and it’s pretty cool. Definitely gonna read more. Then again, I have to finish Game of Thrones, and I haven’t been outside for more than a month… :wink:

Anybody else here watch Code Geass all the way through besides me? Was just going through watching it again and happened upon what is probably the saddest episode of season 2 (episode 13). Sometimes I forget why I like this show so much, and then I rewatch these episodes.

yea after watching a lot of anime sometimes you forget some of the best parts of some of them anyone see Beyond the Boundary

ever heard the band called Area 11… if not look them up with person who makes it the saddest episode.
also made a song off of Gurren Lagann

I see the name for the first season. Thought I had said it was season 2 episode 13, not season 1.

So I’ve watched a fair amount of anime (new and old) since I was last here… here’s a list of all the anime I’ve ever watched (that I can remember), not in any particular order:

• Tokyo Ghoul (season 2 in January) (also personal favourite right now)

• Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

• No Game No Life (one of the best I’ve watched)

• Black Bullet

• Ao No Exorcist (first anime I ever watched, still love it)

• Akame ga kill! (on going)

• Sword Art Online (season 2 on going)

• Log Horizon (season 2 on going)

• Zankyou no Terror

• Darker than Black (old but gold, also multiple seasons)

• Shingeki no Kyojin (of course)

• Senyuu. (one of those animes that has 3 minute episodes, but it’s really funny)

• Senyuu. 2

• Gokukoku no Brynhildr

• Fairy Tail (on going, really long but worth it)

• Avatar: The Last Airbender (of course)

Hey could i get your impression of the ending of Tokyo Ghoul when it comes out? (I have a bed going with 1 of my friends about how people will react to the fantastic ending of this really well written story)

Also i am looking for a manga/anime which are similar in story telling to Tokyo ghoul could anyone come with some ideas?

The ending is already out… at least for this season! Also my impression… :open_mouth:!