What are some of your favorite anime series?

Hehehe… I’ve seen worse. It was great to.

I don’t doubt you have. I’ve never dived deeper than that though. Although I did see a smattering of one show that will leave me scarred for as long as I live. cough Dead Leaves cough.

You can watch anime, but not poods? I love pewdiepie. He keeps me sane.

Difference in taste I suppose. I can’t stand pewdiepie, but I enjoy the plot of animes like Full Metal Alchemist.

I know, poods is not exactly tasteful. Then again, neither is a man exploding in a bloody mess. Lol. We’ve turned into, that part of the internet.

Oh I fully admit that that particular scene was too grotesque even for me. Still, not all animes are like that. I’ve tried to watch quite a few of pewdiepie’s shows, and they seem to follow a similar pattern regardless of their content.

Patern being complete randomness? Lol I know. Gunna go watch yogscast now. Ceya all in a few mins.

@SteveAdamo or @Geoffers747 i think a merge is in place :slight_smile:

I don’t really watch anime as i feel that the progression is too slow. Or i need too much time to actually watch it. But i read quite a lot of manga though which (i suppose) have been made to anime’s at some point or another.

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood was my gateway anime, but since then I have seen something like 3 other animes - Really good character development, really well paced and animated for the entire anime, I think there is around 2 filler compared to the manga. 10/10 would watch again (I am really biased towards this anime)

Attack on Titan: Good story line from what I saw of the anime, Great visuals - like best visuals I have seen in any anime, great combat and action scenes. 8/10 - It lived up to its hype, I put off watching it until series 1 was done just because then I wouldn’t have to wait. - Can’t wait for season 2

Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic: Fun and creative anime whilst still taking the audience seriously, had some great visual effects. 7/10 - Was recommended from a list of animes for maturer audiences and I have to say I did enjoy it more than I thought I would and I can’t wait until Magi: The Kingdom of Magic is dubbed.

Darker Than Black: Currently in the middle of watching this one, its a bit more modern than my general taste in anime but it is definitely more mature than most animes, visuals are lacking in some places but has some really well paced action scenes. TBD

Avatar: Last Airbender and Legend of Korra: Even though this is not a true anime (Anime is an animated Japanese production) its visual style still felt like one, I’m merging both because they both give really similar feels in relation to the story and overall aesthetics, it is one of those animes that you could watch with your children and not feel ashamed about it, it has some really mature themes and styles as well as including some darker elements into it. 8/10 - can’t wait until season 4.

I will at some point be watching Samurai Champoo, I have heard great things.

Told you so!!!

Wait, who did you tell so? :sunglasses:

The bare minimum requirements to be human. Those are the people I told so.

Ok… I know I usually just stalk around here, but I need to recommend one anime I didn’t see on here: Steins Gate. Overall great story and execution by the creators. It isn’t a super long one either, so you don’t need to worry about not finishing it. Also, try to watch it sub if you can- the voice acting in Japanese is hilarious.

creeps back into shadows

ALWAYS watch in sub why would you watch a cartoon/anime in another language than it was made in? Most of the time it sounds incredibly stupid. Seriously. Don’t watch it in english if it wasn’t made in english. Just. Don’t.

2 Likes

I agree, but I know some people prefer their native language. I threw that last bit on my post for those that like dub.

1 Like

I really don’t understand it. (Well ok if you are a slow reader)
Half of all the anime i have watched sounded directly stupid in english and in the other half there was a quite big lose in emotions.
The worst one i’ve seen in english was Naruto, i think? He sounds like a girl in the english version and basically all of the voice actors are really bad at making the emotions get strong or weak enough.

2 Likes

It honestly depends on your taste @thorbjorn42gbf. Funimation does a pretty good job with their english dubs.

Personally if I’m going to watch a series, I’d prefer to watch it in english. Call it heresy, but I don’t like reading subtitles the entire time I’m watching an anime.

Probably the only exception I’ve made was with Attack on Titan. I enjoyed the story so much I didn’t wait until the english dub came out and watched it with subs. Probably will be the last one I do so with too though.

2 Likes

Yeah every man his taste. I think my love for the original language in the anime/cartoon is related to my fast reading. You don’t really get tired of reading if you can read the text the instant it pups up. And i am pretty much used used to reading a lot as a relaxation. :slight_smile:

I know a few people who can’t concentrate to read a whole series and some who can’t relax as much if they need to read at the same time. So i can see it from your point of view.

I love to read and am pretty fast at reading, so I fall under your last category moreso than others. It’s difficult for me, with my bad eyesight, to relax as much if I’m constantly having to focus on the words at the bottom of the screen.

2 Likes