Watch tower won't build - lua error

Summary: I’ve made a building that generates an error when placed. Not only that, but the required items to make it seems to change before and after placement. It’s a watch tower, and I’ll try to link the file to it somewhere.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Place watchtower in world.
  2. Feel the pain and sadness of regret.
  3. Get an error message and feel heartbroken.

Expected Results:
My awesome watch tower would be placed in the world.

Actual Results:
I get an error that’s less than awesome, and my watch tower is not placed in the world.

Notes:
One is for the attached building file, one is for the picture. They’re taken from my buildings_template folder.

Specific error, copied to clipboard, as well as a picture of what happens.
http://puu.sh/nIPGX/dfac147a70.jpg

release-529 (x64)
...onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:780: attempt to index local 'entry' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	[C]: ?
	...onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:780: in function '_add_dependency'
	...onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1059: in function 'wire_dependency'
	...onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1075: in function 'wire_dependencies'
	...onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1084: in function '_compute_spatial_dependencies'
	...onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:932: in function '_compute_dependencies'
	...onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:306: in function 'set_active'
	stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:95: in function 'set_active'
	stonehearth/call_handlers/build_call_handler.lua:19: in function <stonehearth/call_handlers/build_call_handler.lua:18>
release-529 (x64)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

Attachments:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-N1AiLmVKKGY1Vtc0FKdm9WZkU/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-N1AiLmVKKGQzNOQWFaS1VyZjA/view?usp=sharing

Version Number and Mods in use:
2881, or 529. One of the two. It’s steam latest as of 03/15/2016.

System Information:
Super fancy.

2 Likes

I think there is an issue with the json or the build it self. Made a fresh peacefull game. Put down the template and it shows the bottom gone. Only when i order them to build it will the error appear.

Did you make this with the free standing walls, instand walls or with slabs? It looks very nice and i would guess made with slabs. maby there is still an issue with that

The entire structure is made with just walls/floor/foundation. All the stuff on the top of the tower is made with slabs. I’m not sure why the bottom disappears, but it’s a tad disheartening.

Do you have debug tools? If you have perhaps trying to instand build it in a new save? If not let me know and i will test it out.

Nah, I don’t have anything fancy. I just have the game.

Well I have attemped it with instabuild and no luck. Get an error pop-up the minute I give the command.

release-537 (x64)
...onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:780: attempt to index local 'entry' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	[C]: ?
	...onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:780: in function '_add_dependency'
	...onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1059: in function 'wire_dependency'
	...onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1075: in function 'wire_dependencies'
	...onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:1084: in function '_compute_spatial_dependencies'
	...onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:932: in function '_compute_dependencies'
	...onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:306: in function 'set_active'
	stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1425: in function 'instabuild'
	stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1410: in function <stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1408>
release-537 (x64)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback: