Unlimited Potential!

This game has done so many things right. And has laid the base line for what could be an incredible game. Imagine if you will, once they fix the odd bugs with building and pathing. Adding a deeper role playing element. More indepth classes you can unlock for fighting. Mages / Clerics / Damage classes. Other races, Elves, Dwarfs, Gnomes ect…

As your city grows having a larger world to explore and harder monsters that come in larger waves. The ground work is in place for this game to be incredible. Not only a fortress / micro city building game but add some RPG elements and BAM!!! Amazing!!

D,

6 Likes

You have forgotton the mighty Rabbit people… Who are you?

2 Likes

I bought the game mid june i think. Not really been active in the community due to me playing MMO’s more heavily. But really enjoyed this game. My dream for fortress / city building whatever genre we are calling this would be a mix of Deep RPG with the city building of Stonehearth. Imagine how amazing that game would be!!

D,

2 Likes

I don’t know if we’ll ever see deep RPG gameplay in Stonehearth, but I believe Radiant is planning on adding quite a bit more RPG features. :smile:

2 Likes

So I’ve been trying to get back into this game, and none of my custom houses will get built? Is that normal or is that a bug they are working through.

Thanks,

Hi Dannyboy,

I try to seek the same RPG/storytelling elements from this game as you do and I’m also really interested in a different game experience like Stonehearth. If Coasterspaul is right and the RPG elements are going to be just side-elements, Radiant would just create a game of sandbox building and combat. I think we can find this type of games already.

As a tabletop roleplayer and a student of narrative psychology, story is something other games sometimes lack and is really something I keep in value. So if I can create an interesting story with this game apart from just building my settlement it indeed has unlimited potential.

And what comes to custom building not being built, I recommend you build some ladders to help your citizens to get to higher levels. For example if you have built +3 level pillars which keep somekind of roof up, Hearthlings build just the first 3 blocks if you don’t build ladders after this. Maybe you could post pictures of your custom buildings?

2 Likes

[quote=“Majis, post:6, topic:14758”]
If Coasterspaul is right and the RPG elements are going to be just side-elements
[/quote]they wont be main features of the game, but they wont just be side elements of the game, they will be somewhat in the middle. to my understanding at least.

[quote=“Majis, post:6, topic:14758”]
As a tabletop roleplayer and a student of narrative psychology, story is something other games sometimes lack and is really something I keep in value. So if I can create an interesting story with this game apart from just building my settlement it indeed has unlimited potential.
[/quote]well @sdee has created an extensive amount of lore for the game, so there definitely will be story behind your games!

1 Like

I definitely agree with this statement.
Impatience is real.

Some nights I wish I could just “sandbox” play and build housing templates to save and use later in game play.

@Tyiarra_Marie, welcome to the Discourse :smiley:!

You can play “sandbox”. Using the Debug Tools mod you can place any object you want into the game - and doing that in a peaceful game typically meets what people are looking for in “sandbox”.

To install debug tools, visit the Stonehearth github GitHub - stonehearth/debugtools: Stonehearth Debug Tools Mod, select Download Zip, and save the compressed folder somewhere on your computer. Inside the zip you should find a folder named debugtools-master. Copy that folder to your mods folder, (located by default at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\mods), and rename the folder to debugtools. Let me know if this makes sense. You will know if it is installed if you see the following icons in the top right: . If this does not work, let me know!

Edit: Debug tools is included with Stonehearth as of Alpha 19. Simply enable it via the mod manager.

1 Like