Twitch (probably) hacked

It seems that Twitch has had its security breached, with personal information potentially accessed by hackers. They’re not yet saying how sure they are that they have been attacked. Twitch doesn’t have any credit card details, but passwords and email addresses etc could have been taken.

I know a lot of people in the Stonehearth community watch the streams, so I wonder how many others here have been affected?

Here’s the email:

We are writing to let you know that there may have been unauthorized access to some of your Twitch user account information, including possibly your Twitch username and associated email address, your password (which was cryptographically protected), the last IP address you logged in from, and any of the following if you provided it to us: first and last name, phone number, address, and date of birth.

It then says passwords should be changed etc.

4 Likes

Got that message two nights ago.

1 Like

as did I… changed my password… but honestly, @Geoffers747Roks was too easy to guess anyways…

11 Likes

yep i also got it, wasnt sure whether it was fake or not though…

Same here xD changed and fini xD

Don’t have one, I’m a ninja viewer :slight_smile: but TY for the warning. I’ll contact a few peeps I know that have them, Thanks again!

1 Like

I watch Twitch on my phone, and it forced me to change my password. So either it’s real but we no longer have anything to worry about, or it’s a fake announcement but a real hack [and the hacker managed to hack the change password service] and now the hacker has all of our new passwords.

Don’t look at me like that, I’m just being optimistic as always.

1 Like

Wait, we had the same password?! Oh lordy, that’s pretty unsecure of us. And I totally don’t have that as my discourse login either …

3 Likes