Tree Sapling Duplication Problem

Summary: When using the farmers to make four plots of land dedicated to planting saplings (I had caused quite a bit of deforestation around my town and needed more trees), the hearthlings would plant the saplings where I had indicated, but the sapling pots they had used remained scattered around the farm plots. They were also still able to be used for planting other trees even though they had already been used to plant others which has led to quite a lot of clutter and item duplication.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Planted four 11 x 11 plots with 1 cell space between each plot in a square pattern. These were in a corner next to a mountain also with one space between the plots and the stone of the mountain.
  2. Tell hearthlings to plant saplings wherever the heck you want.
  3. Keep using the same sapling pots because they never go away.

Expected Results: Sapling pot used to plant sapling, sapling pot disappears.

Actual Results: Sapling pot used to plant sapling, sapling pot does not disappear. In fact, can be used indefinitely.

Notes: I think this is the real revenge intended by the world for me cutting down too many trees.

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use: Current Alpha 17 from Steam.

System Information:

Welcome to the forum, @APersonOnAcomp :smiley:

Could you upload the savefile where this is happening? I can’t reproduce it :disappointed_relieved:

Thank you for the warm welcome!

As an update to this problem, it seems that when I reload the game the potted seedlings go away. This is only after I sell them all to a wandering merchant. It also seems to help if I don’t let all four of those patches of farmland be seedling nurseries.

How exactly do I upload files to this place?

Here are some instructions on how to upload files:
http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/how-to-upload-save-files/16820/5?u=relyss

The savefiles are stored in the folder where you have Stonehearth installed, inside the saved_games folder.
Each savefile contains 4 files, so you can zip them together and upload the zipped folder.