Thorbjorns Center For Cosplay, N' Stuff

This is me cosplaying

http://www.vh1.com/celebrity/bwe/images/2011/10/STAR-WARS-DOG-COSTUME-40-1318362481.jpg

Rawr!

2 Likes

Hey, thatā€™s my line!

It is a fine time for an unveiling of my costume, yes? Here it is, the Spartan IV FRSTM:

Iā€™ve been working on this costume since January, and the end result is quite something to behold in person.

The Armor sports a combination of Mk. VI of Halo 3, and MK VII from Halo 4 along with a Halo 4 Locus Helmet. The paintjob was a mixture of several peoples ideas, the right side is mostly black with Red details, whereas the left is mostly red flames with a white human Skeleton pattern, oh, and also an Eliteā€™s Skull, the pattern is very reminiscent of ā€œTwo-Faceā€ Harvey Dent.

On the Right Shoulder and forehead of the Helmet, there is an Emblem that is on one side has a Spartans Helmet, while the other side is a Skull:

Here is the emblem as it was made on my computer:

Although not very official looking (Isnā€™t an exact replica like you might see others wear) It turned out quite well:

You know whatā€™s gonna be glorious, though? Wearing this armor to Younglife Camp. Nobodyā€™ll see it coming, someone bringing a costume like this. I intend to not take off the Helmet while Iā€™m wearing it though, for that mysterious ā€œWho the heck is that guyā€ sort of reaction.

I was even told were gonna stop and get lunch on the way to the Camp, so Iā€™ll even be wearing it in a restaurantā€¦ Hope nobody calls the police. :smiley:

What do you guys think?

4 Likes

This is truly impressive.

Seriously, itā€™s cool to the point where I cant even think up a fitting comment.

It is awesome :slight_smile:
Also if they call the police we want the whole story of what happened :slight_smile:

Thanks @SirCamOfRon ! A few other details that arenā€™t in those pictures, I intend to get a pair of gloves more fitting for a Spartan, and I may have a Kala (Its like a man skirt thatā€™s open in the front) attached onto the belt.

@thorbjorn42gbf I wouldnā€™t be surprised if they have video of me in costume at least once, they do these video diary videos showing events at the camp. Lasts years camp trip diary showed me getting launched 40 feet in the air via Blob into a lake.

Donā€™t take of your helmet whenever possible, and speak kind of like Bane.

How will you eat with your helmet on?

Amazing work. Aside from the feet, Everything looks AMAZING!, I wish I had your costume skillzā€¦

@Newf Well, I was more thinking I wouldnā€™t take off the helmet at the camp, not on the way there.

Also with the feet thing, I thought that the Skeletoes would be a good choice, since it would go with the skeletal pattern on the armor. But I thought if I had made the boots, it would be incredibly difficult to walk (As displayed by my Elite costume).

@DinoD123 Actually, I will talk and act more like Krieg the Psycho from borderlands, but with less chainsaws. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds fine with me!

1 Like

You think the net is your ally?

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/49949358.jpg

Ehemā€¦ Yeah. Bane moment.

1 Like

Still working on Cherno whenever I can, Iā€™ve got the .PDOs all scaled appropriately, so my next task is to get some EVA foam.

Yeah, I sorta switched from fiberglass to foam after realizing I dont have an area suitable to work with fiberglass in. Garage isnt well ventilated & I dont have a safety mask, and too little room to work with outside (hmm, never thought Iā€™d say something like that).

Anyway, some updates on the Cherno situation:

• For vision, I will be putting in a wiremesh screen, painted like the rest of Cherno.
  • For his strange feet, I will be building some quasi-stilts. This will also help with making me look larger and more Jeagar-esque
1 Like

Update

Lets breath some life back into this topic!

CHERNO ALPHA:

Getting foam, with luck, construction begins this weekend!

I gathered a crack team of cosplayers, nerds, and generally awesome people to help with various parts (Basically free labor)

My garage is now the Issaquah Shatterdome

OTHER COSPLAYS:

Iā€™ve been talking over some group cosplays with friends, and some good ones are in the works, but Cherno is my priority right now.

Any good group cosplay ideas you guys and gals got, just list em off! (Nothing too advanced or expensive :stuck_out_tongue:)

2 Likes

Try make ALL the Pacific Rim Jaegers. Only the ones in the film though. Donā€™t be going out of your way to make a jaeger that was just mentioned

Elughā€¦ Canā€™t begin to imagine the amount of time that would take.

Okay, I can. And thatā€™s ALLOT if time.

What? You actually use your time for doing things of VALUE!? What a loserā€¦

While this would be a mind blowing group cosplay, the time and money required would be insane. And yet, I am compelled to do thisā€¦

You could probably sell the costumes too and get a returnā€¦hint hint

Ahh, I see your true motive now. Clever. Very clever.