Greetings my fellow hearthkings, today I bring before you the humble, yet very useful Miner.
The more your Miners mine, the better they get at it. I have a desert settlement megaproject, which involves digging a whole bunch of land around a small lake, to make it a water-filled mountain. But it was taking FOREEEVERRR! So I made this class to speed things up.
Stonehearth appears to have a Miner class within its files, as well, but all I used from it was the miner icon itself. It’s been sitting there for more than a few years now, untouched. I have no idea when Team Radiant will get around to it, so until they do, this will have to suffice.
- Pickaxe created by Blacksmith at level 1 to promote
- Mines faster than regular hearthlings, with further speed increases at levels 3 and 6
- 3 different pickaxes to craft that impact mining efficiency
- Headlamp to light the dreary underground
- Backpack expands and shows inventory
- Levelling progression includes speed upgrades as well - perfect for hauling when there are no mining tasks
- Cannot build, so you still need workers for that
- Awesome outfit by @Yangzhoui
- Перевод по русски / Russian language support
- Hearthling portrait sometimes flashes when the miner is mining.
- This mod overrides
mining_task_group.lua. This could be an issue if used with another mod that overrides the same file\s.
- The backpack does not functionally expand the hearthling’s inventory, although it still renders the items in it.
All feedback is appreciated. May your stone be ever fertile.
Changelog (most recent at bottom)
- 1.0.0: Initial release
- 1.0.1: Fixed promotion issue, fixed SMOD packaging
- 1.0.2: Slowed XP gain, miners only take out pickaxes when there is a mining assignment
- 1.1.0 Added 3 craftable pickaxes, fixed miners prioritizing other tasks over mining when it is available
- 1.2.0 Added XP gain from mining ore veins, slightly slowed XP gain to compensate, added headlamp, added new outfit
- 1.2.1 Miners now only turn on lights when mining
- 1.2.2 Fixed combat engine error issue
- 1.2.3 Fixed engine error when loading while the miner is mining
- 1.3.0 Added loadout, added visible backpack
- 1.3.1 Override hotfix
- 1.3.2 Fixed early level miners not having working backpack
- 1.3.3 Fixed minor JSON issue, cleaned up logs, replaced unnecessary override with mixinto, made the backpack a little smaller graphically
- 1.3.4 Added possible fix for over-filled inventory
- 1.3.5 Adjusted models to work with latest game optimization
- 1.3.6 Fixed issue with the Backpack creating “ghost items” in the player’s inventory
- 1.3.7 Disabled loadouts for now, fixed some pickaxes not stockpiling
- 1.3.8 Fixed pickaxe iconic size, steel pick broken picture, misc fixes
- 1.3.9 Fixed issue due to conversion of material tags from strings to tables
- 1.3.10 Added checking if the tags variable is a string or a table before checking for ore
- 1.3.11 Fixed
else if -> elseif, let’s not tell anyone I did that
Thank you to @max99x for providing invaluable documentation on the AI system, as well as being an excellent unwilling rubber ducky. Thank you to @BrunoSupremo for his Archipelago mod, the largest up-to-date mod I am aware of, that I used as a reference. Special mention to @RepeatPan for all his past help and encouragement. And thank you of course Team Radiant for this fantastic game. I’ve used the trader outfit models, as well as some lua files, from the base game.