[Dev Blog] Alpha 12 is Available on Steam Latest Branch

The New Build 16th Sept 2015

This new build already feels cleaner, tidier and miles smoother than the last one!
Great to see the team is taking on the community’s suggestions and bug reports!
im so glad to be a part of the development of this game and I cant wait to see where the
journey takes us next!

7 Likes

I 100% agree. The music alone makes it feel like a new game. Masterfully done, and i LOVE the new crafting UI information. :smiley:

2 Likes

agreed as well! thanks for pointing out that the build had been updated @Freudian:+1:

this one feels very … … … polished… loving the new music, and I just had a solid 30 minute session… will definitely be playing later this evening! :smile:

3 Likes

ive spent the last couple of hours playing around with custom buildings, still seems as quirky as ever, currently there’s a knack to not making it crash or throw errors at me. Granted I guess I am pushing a fair bit given that its only a development build but once I get an error i have to start fresh :confused:

1 Like

Man…there goes my week. I’m going to wait for a little while longer, just to see if any critical changes are made in the next few days that’ll wipe my saves.

2 Likes

ok, the new crafter UI is really slick… feels much more functional/streamlined…

/me ducks back out of the room

5 Likes

Yeah I really like it too, at the moment im just trying to build a decent workshop without my Hearthlings trapping themselves on the second floor xD anyone know of any safe ways to create access to a second floor after its been built?

1 Like

was going to make a new [dev blog] thread, then i saw this thread here.

here’s the link to the dev blog post,

http://stonehearth.net/alpha-12-is-available-on-the-steam-latest-branch/

edit: [quote]rotting food now has sound effects[/quote] thats probably better then the bleating sheep patch note

4 Likes

Ah I was looking for this, thanks for the link! now I can mess around with more of the new features xD

1 Like

Wow! Just started a new game and so far everything is fantastic! I love the new map seeding and bodies of water. Big high five to Team Radiant, once again…I was figuring it would have been a couple more weeks before alpha 12 was ready to start testing…it’s like christmas in september :smiley:

5 Likes

forgot to mention this… absolutely agreed! I have a killer map, with a huge body of water and a very defensible piece of land jutting out into the middle… :+1:

5 Likes

indeed, these seem to be way more common now :smile:

1 Like

How do i get this new version, steam isnt updating to a new version12… is there a separate game to download?

you have to make sure that you have “install latest build” selected in your steam preferences.
Right click Stonehearth in your library, go to Betas* and select it in the drop down list.

3 Likes

AH… thanks didnt see that one, had it set to keep it up to date under updates…

2 Likes

Great built but still needs to be optimized, I was super happy making a nice town until my computer(a pretty good one) started to have a hard time handling the 20 or some villagers I had… I want to build a HUGE city sooooooooooo bad!

1 Like

http://stonehearth.net/alpha-12-is-available-on-the-steam-latest-branch/

didn’t see a post for this yet… loving it! :smile:

1 Like

Loving the new music that was recently added, really fits into the game.

I haven’t played in a while and I’m excited for the new content in this update. I’ll have to give it another shot; the updates look really nice.

2 Likes

i debated making one, but i didnt because of this thread,

i just posted the link to the dev blog there,

i guess you can decide whether to merge your thread with that or not… perhaps merge an then change its title to a [Dev Blog]?

1 Like