Tactics and other aspects of fighting

As a huge strategy fan im worried that the combat will just be you clicking attack. The team did say that you wouldnt have to micro manage that much, but this wont require a lot of micro.

1 Formations
I think there was a thread about that so im not gonna bother.

2 Charging, flanking
Charging will cause extra damage to foes(some units can’t chargé like an archer)

Flanking has allways been a
Vital part in all of military strategy.
Flanking will cause:

Fear
Extra damage(even more then charge)

3 morale(during battle only)
Morale is a very important thing during battles. Morale will increase when your winning the battleand killing monsters(gets more depending on power of monster) and deacrese when losing or seeing a titan.

Morale when low:
May run away and wont follow orders until calmed down.
Wont fight as good

Morale when high:
Fights better

Well thats about it…

2 Likes

[quote=“Supergamer33, post:1, topic:7950, full:true”]1 Formations
I think there was a thread about that so im not gonna bother.[/quote]
The trouble with formations is that they require quite a lot of people to make them work. A phalanx made of just ten men isn’t very effective… but unless your population goes up into the hundreds, you probably won’t have a big enough phalanx to use formations effectively.

[quote=“Supergamer33, post:1, topic:7950, full:true”]2 Charging, flanking
Charging will cause extra damage to foes(some units can’t chargé like an archer)[/quote]
You’re right of course that flanking is important, but the issue is how to work it in a game like Stonehearth. The unit AI needs to understand how to flank, where to flank, and what counts as flanking - difficult if the goblins are coming in a disorganised horde etc.

[quote=“Supergamer33, post:1, topic:7950, full:true”]3 morale(during battle only)
Morale is a very important thing during battles. Morale will increase when your winning the battleand killing monsters(gets more depending on power of monster) and deacrese when losing or seeing a titan.[/quote]
Morale should be fairly easy to do, and ditto things like tiredness/exhaustion (see Dwarf Fortress, or Total War games). I can also imagine there being various ways of tweaking this, such as banners, horns etc to raise your morale / lower the enemy’s morale.

4 Likes