Swordmaster? (Class)

…fair point. evidently my brain shuts off at 7:30 pm. :smiley: thank you.

well no harm done. :smile:

From this all I could think of is my recent time in fire emblem awakening and how he might have gotten these ideas I couldn’t find much for a swords master in it so I was stuck with that. These classes share the names of classes he came up with and serve the same purposes

2 Likes

sorta, but the knight in fe awakening looks absolutely horrid imo. that armor is not even close to functional.

I remember a character in from (maybe?)a gladiator game was the executioner, you know, big black shroud, cloak, thing, big axe. Though his coolest thing was the steel gauntlet he wore that acted as a kind of brass knuckle that would stun you. this means he was effective at medium to close range.

1 Like

For some reason this reminds me of Regnier from Kingdom Under Fire

Man I loved that game.

How about the executioner character from Assassins Creed Revelations MP. That character wore a hood and usually carried a very effective axe!

nah, his axe is too small. :notebook_with_decorative_cover:

True… it is just a hand axe, but it sure is effective for splitting the back of enemies skulls!!

1 Like

I think I’m sort of thinking along the lines of the fire emblem sword masters.

heh, I love Fire Emblem. Joshua, anyone? I really like the idea of the Swordmaster, but what aspect would you focus on? When I think of that character, I think of someone who is fast and hits fast. The Swordmaster is agile and knows his weapon and his enemy, so he can dodge more easily than other units (making up for worse armor), and attack faster than normal characters, perhaps with a higher crit chance.

As for the Knight in FE, they’re literally just a blob of armor. Stick them in a doorway and forget about them, and let them tank the 30+ enemies that run at 'em (god, I love Gilliam…)

1 Like

Every day im Gilliam :slight_smile:

I dont like the design of the new knights armor though. i would love to see Stone hearth portray armor more realistically.

1 Like

Fear not:

I like how Stonehearth does the armor, it looks cool. Could you point out some parts that you’d like to improve on? :wink:

Well it wasnt so much that I see a problem with the armor i have seen so far. I love it too.
In fact you would be hard pressed to find anything about this game I dont like (alright maybe the possibility of Rabbits as a race makes me cringe)

However, it would be rad if there were not only variations in the armor itself (different colors etc) but also different styles.
For instance, chain armor was really exspensive and time consuming to make. Regular militia couldnt afford it. Instead, they wore padded armor, leather, or none at all. Getting a knight fully outfitted in armor should be a major accomplishment :stuck_out_tongue:

Tries to contain excitement for seeing any or all of this implemented. :smile:

Tall that to the Viera

In Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, the assassin job was exclusive to the Viera - they were pretty dangerous.

Granted. I think my issue though lies not in them being on the drawing board but that I would like to see elves, or drow (that would be so cool to face the dwarves :slight_smile: ) developed first.

1 Like

I have to admit, a rabbit race would be kind of interesting. But in what twisted coincidence would rabbits evolve into a humanoid, intelligent creature?

Shivers

Have you not visited the plane of anthropomorphism? It is a wonder, steer clear of the wombats, they’re awful aggressive this time of year.

I like this idea a lot, though we still don’t know much about the combat upgrade tree, Radiant has planned. With luck they are already developing a similar idea.

I’m also guessing there will be different types of weapons in the game that your blacksmith can make for you. Axes, lances, swords, etc.

While i don’t think there should be a weapon triangle, I think it would be cool to have different weapons have different effects other than just aesthetic: swords easiest to block with, axes might do the most damage, and spears could be implanted into the ground to impale cavalry charges or even use their reach to attack from the second rank.

These are just rough ideas. Let me know your thoughts. :slight_smile:

2 Likes