Hi everyone. This will add a new biome to your game. The biome is Swamp, consisting of flooded flat lands, heavy muddy water, and dense vegetation!
This biome is done in a collaboration with @Fornjotr, and will be part of a future bigger project featuring a biome+kingdom mod, with a few more members working on it.
swamp_goblins.smod for alpha24
Place the downloaded file in your stonehearth/mods folder.
In the mod, there is also a work-in-progress kingdom, called the Firefly Clan, a small group of goblins native to the swamps.
There is no problem in checking them for some sneak peeks. BUT, they are not ready. Use other kingdoms if you want to play for real.
Here’s what you will see in the biome selection:
Mini map, choosing the start location:
- Foggy Weather: Dense air covering the low grounds
- Shallow but muddy water: Walking in the water is super slow. Hearthlings don’t like going in it (negative thoughts)
- Dense vegetation: Even in the water.
- Swamp Bear: Big and fast, a little muddy, yet fluffy. But hostile.
- Frog: Small ambient mob, can be a trapper target.
- Firefly: At night, small floating lights will start blinking.
- Swirl, Bogus and Cypress tree: Native trees, main source of wood.
- Mushroom: Small source of food.
- Giple Flower: Giant flowers, source of herbs.
- Fern: Harvest for small source of food.
- Cattail plant: A water plant that can be harvested for fiber.
- Building Colors: New colors for your buildings, themed around the biome and its kingdom.