Suggestion: Villagers can reach and lock 3x3x2 voxels infront of them with no scaffolding

Right now the villagers need scaffolding if you put something (lantern) 3 voxels of the ground.

I suggest that they reach 3 high and 3 (and maybe 2 deep) without scaffolding (or floor).
This would make scaffolding actually make sense instead since most of the time it actually looks like the will reach.

Three voxels high is right in front of their heads.

I also suggest that they LOCK these voxels when for example mining. So that you don’t have 3 miners standing “inside” of each other, each mining just one voxel. Instead they would space out ever 3rd voxel and chip a way for a while before moving.

2 Likes

in stream #55 i believe that @Albert said hearthlings standing “inside” each other isnt possible

It does happen though, just not often.

2 Likes

Well then it’s a bug,
since I see it all the time when I’m mining

it depends how much of them is “inside” the other hearthling, if its just an arm then thats normal. if two hearthlings are standing in the exact same spot, thats a bug.

It’s their heads. At most I’ve seen 3 villagers with intersecting heads/bodies mining. BUt that wasn’t was this thread was supposed to be about.

The villagers should reach higher and wider. When they mine they reach 4x3x1, why can’t they reach 4x3x1 when they place items?

2 Likes

sorry bout that :grimacing:

[quote=“Maltavius, post:6, topic:13658”]
The villagers should reach higher and wider. When they mine they reach 4x3x1, why can’t they reach 4x3x1 when they place items?
[/quote]i like the idea, it would make sense.

1 Like

To clarify, multiple hearthlings are allowed to stand on the same block (preventing this causes issues where two people are deadlocked trying to get around each other in a hallway). During combat, they will push off each other to avoid this, but otherwise this is allowable behavior.

2 Likes

While moving I can understand this, but while doing work it just looks ugly. They should “try” to be separated and only if there is no other option, should they pass through each other.

Agreed. That’s the eventual plan.

3 Likes

You just have to decide if they live in a right-hand passing world or a left-hand passing world. As long as everyone agrees, there shall be no dancing in the halls :wink:

2 Likes