Strange Debuff on Footman

I noticed my (leather-armoured) Footman was walking around a bit slowly, so I thought I’d check up on him (he has a bed + food after all)…

interesting… curious to see if this is by design, and just not completely articulated to the player (what’s happening to the unit)… you’ve seen him eat/sleep though? :confused:

Probably weight related?

It looks like the patrol debuff has lost its name. It sets his movement speed to slower and enables combat posture.

5 Likes

wow @Froggy… sometimes your knowledge of the innerworkings of the game frightens me… :smile:

2 Likes

If you take things apart and break them often enough… well you end up with a lot of broken stuff…

What was I saying?..

5 Likes

I have a lot of broken stuff but I swear to Cid that I didn’t break them!

1 Like

Should that be a “debuff” that shows up on the list though? I mean the sole purpose of that debuff is to make them walk more slowly while they’re patrolling and doesn’t actually affect gameplay. I don’t think they should have it show up as a debuff at all, know what I mean? They should just show the number value as it affects gameplay.

@Froggy and @daisyj201 nailed it. It’s not a “real” debuff and only serves the purpose of setting the patrol walk, so we were trying to keep it off the UI. Apparently, we were only partly successful.

3 Likes

lol you’ll get it :smiley: