Seth Ra: How we re-embarked!

Hi!

I’d like to share a story of my expedition with you and also bring a little bit of feedback based on our experience in r-834!

We, Lisy the herbalist, Freya the farmer and Norsa the blacksmith, have re-embarked after being a part of the town of Flowerplain, founded on a lake island in a forest by an ascendancy expedition in releases before.

We took with us a part of the banner of cunning and recipes granted by the Church of plenty. Our first re-embarkation was little bit of a fiasko…

Settling in a dessert with two friends from Rayya’s children, we aspired towards the goal of getting fame for our outpost by challenging the hearth of glory.

The town went on to be cool, until we changed alphas… and stuff went way too wrong to continue. Like this building that claimed to be “finished”, had the blue indicator in the “right” place and also “is” being displayed in cropped walls building vision:

RIP Ebba Eber, we have abandoned you with heavy hearts…

Taking everything we brought before we re-emberked again with two new friends from Rayya’s children. They took us to the opposite part of the dessert and as soon as we saw this place, we just knew this was the one!

Welcome! This is Seth Ra, a little village in a dry and mountainous part of a dessert. They said settling in here could be dangerous, so we decided to start building on top of a hill, but no enemies ever showed up… I might have chosen a wrong difficulty level, oops….

This place inspired us to make all the architecture look a bit weird and creepy… But awesome nonetheless!

rrr8

We also had some little fox neighbours. How cute!

While still keeping the aspiration of challenging the hearth of glory, we decided to keep the hearth inside a temple! The Temple of Valour! After going through with the preparations by creating 300 bricks and over a 100 windows, we had brought them in big jars on top of the mountain and the construction begun!!

And now a little more seriously, I’m going to step aside from this “awesome” RP :merry:

• How do you make ascendancy hedges in other maps?
    I even took a lvl 6 farmer and lvl 6 herbalist to be able to make the new colorful bushes, but the farmer only knew Rayya’s recipes… There was not a way I could get oak saplings.

• How is one supposed to reclaim the dug out dirt left after a destroyed sunken building?

• Also, the buildings can now be sunk only one voxel. Is this going to change?

• Low walls building vision is broken in new builder’s editing mode, and in finished buildings. I especially like the behaviour of roads, lol.

• Wind in the dessert carries oak leaves… I LOVE the wind particles… but this seems a little awkward. Could there be, like, golden pieces of tumbleweed in it?

• Even though I know a hearthling is definitely carrying stuff, their backpack is always empty.

• Wherever you are on the map, you can always distinctly hear the sound of distant clapping when somebody is having a conversation.

• When we started building the temple in Seth Ra, damn it… phew… the game was sweating bullets. The hearthlings were moving consistently but extremely laggy as soon as this yellow process appeared. There also was like 10 heartlings assigned to be builders but only 4 of them went to dig out the foundation. I also need to add, that restarting the game fixed everything. I just found it very curious.

Thanks for reading! :merry:

PS: I will also probably report on how the Temple of Valour is doing. I’m trying to build it fair and square. I did dub it Chris’ Nightmare, because it’s existence is against almost everything I’ve heard him saying we should not do :jubilant:

9 Likes

Wow that temple/fort thing is really epic! I really love it. Like the asian style!

LOvely just lovely!

3 Likes

OK that is way cool and I’d like to know how the giant build ends up doing :slight_smile:

Also seconding the question about terrain removal/depositing. (I want to be able
To plan out holes in the building so I can plan out foundations/basements!

(also a 3x3x3 tool would also be cool to cut with) actually, a tool size choice for both cutting, digging and slabs now I think about it.

2 Likes

The unique recipes provided by each progression path are faction specific. You can get all the Ascendency recipes or all the Rayya’s Children in one town by re-embarking, but you can’t have a mix of both.

Damn it! But I want to collect them all! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wrong game :wink:

Edit: Forgot to say, your towns are lovely!!! Especially love the Temple of Valor.

2 Likes