♻ Turn-based multiplayer using a shared save file (Ascendancy, Temperate 🌲 )

I didn’t have enough time to do much more besides place that one ladder to get my building, well, building again, and then design a few templates. I might create a few templates before my next turn so I can spend that just placing them and waiting for them to build.

People have started starving even though there’s plenty of food, but our food has started to decline. I still don’t get why so many have died. Maybe we need another herbalist? If anybody wants to create a proper cemetery, I give you full permission. You can even un-deploy mine from earlier.

Edit: Here it is!

i also found that people were starving in my turn, but then i realized i was running on 2x speed, so once i put it back to normal and saved/loaded everyone quickly ran to eat.

forgot to note that earlier though, sorry :grimacing:

1 Like

Strange, I was running 2x most of the time, and nobody seemed to be starving… Then again, I made a very small farm in my village, so maybe that helped?

well it could just be my computers power, normally i don’t even run more than 15 hearthlings, so running 25 could be causing it to be running a bit behind and such… :thinking:

1 Like

i want to claim it for another turn, will focus on good food supply and proper crafters :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Opened the savefile and got the following :frowning:

release-687 (x64)[M]
…ices/client/renderer/construction_render_tracker.lua:20: attempt to index field ‘_bp’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
…ices/client/renderer/construction_render_tracker.lua:20: in function '__user_init’
radiant/lib/unclasslib.lua:270: in function '__init’
radiant/lib/unclasslib.lua:201: in function ‘ConstructionRenderTracker’
…ers/construction_data/construction_data_renderer.lua:25: in function <…ers/construction_data/construction_data_renderer.lua:13>

release-687 (x64)[M]
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

release-687 (x64)[M]
…ehearth/renderers/fabricator/fabricator_renderer.lua:34: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function ‘assert’
…ehearth/renderers/fabricator/fabricator_renderer.lua:34: in function <…ehearth/renderers/fabricator/fabricator_renderer.lua:21>

release-687 (x64)[M]
stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:136: attempt to call method ‘get_blueprint_region’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'get_blueprint_region’
stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:136: in function '_add_region_trace’
stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:120: in function <stonehearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding.lua:107>

release-687 (x64)[M]
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

Just wondering what broke the save game :slight_smile:

Also i found that a lot of the farmers were dying while traveling to bring stuff to the mining area. There is no food being brought there so that should be a focus point. If we would to start over my suggestion would be not to build to far away from the main area or making a type of cross road area from which we connect several area’s. I like the idea but if everyone is going to create its own little area, then stonehearth is currently not the game for that. Traveling between these area’s is taking up to much.

Alright, not a long play trough this time. Been busy cleaning up, trying to get rid of the errors to no effect :frowning:
Decided to place the fountain of plenty so we are tier 2 now.

Set up a decent food system along the paths to each of the played area’s preventing any further deaths. The mining area was no longer continuing to be build. No activity for over 2 hours. Hoping to fix some of the errors i removed every single piece of scaffolding in the entire map. Instabuilded the mining zone (sorry coasterspaul) but all this work did not lower the amount of errors or change the errors message. Started creating the graveyard with a small church and some of the gravestones. Currently there are 26 villagers. Wanted to keep it below 25 but i just couldn’t kill any of the beloved citizens.

As you can see i’ve try’d several idea’s for the food system, if anyone wanted to build in any of the small (temporary) mini towns or had other idea’s of that specific area please feel free to remove it. 3 houses and road are all 1 build. Made 2 of those mini towns with a farmer and 2 workers assigned to the beds. No more peeps are dying of hunger so keep that in mind if you add any new area’s

3 Likes

Ok, I’m claiming it.
I will work on it for just a few minutes.
(gonna check these errors and try fixing it, and also try optimizing the game for future players)

3 Likes

If you want I can have a crack at it. I’ve dealt with bug with my built before. I hope it’s just a bug that rely on scaffolfing. Or if it is a bug with the building you might have to tear it down

in case its not working and you decide to restart i’ve made a start up world with a lot of nice build spots. Not to many villagers or huge food production yet and not all crafting jobs filled up.

Sorry for breaking everything :blush:

1 Like

The way to go is to disable everything not in use. You are working at the north area? Disable all farms and stockpiles at the south, simple! (fallow farms and none filter stockpiles)
Also, just adding food to different areas will not help if after they grab the food they have to walk to the other side of the map just to sit on a chair. So add at least a few temporary chairs (and beds) to your camp for them to work better. Remove then later after the work is done if you don’t need those there anymore.

Sell everything!
Guys, if something is not going to be used, sell it. The only things I recommend not selling are stuff that is hard to get, like the fine items or resources like clay and stone (cause those require a lot of mining that ruins the map, it is better compressing to use less stockpile space).
Wood, plants, food, trash items that you crafted just to level up… All these things could be sold. No need to keep them. Wood is super easy to get, as it is food and plants. Most items can easily be crafted again too… We don’t need to have them in stock.

Now to the cleaning process.

Right at the start, going to a market stall, calling a trader and selling everything. Let’s start with the cheapest items, so we can sell more in a single batch.

Items worth 1 gold:

• 95 wheat! (Could also be compressed.)
  • 99 silkweed!
  • 202 wool!
  • 29 flowers
  • 140 logs. (Could be compressed into piles, but nah. Super easy to get wood, actually they were just harvesting even more trees while I was selling the items…)
  • 91 saplings!

Items worth 2 or 3 gold:

• 209 eggs!
  • 56 cobblestone fence (probably from someone training a mason?)
  • 24 wooden door
  • 49 berries
  • 38 turnips
  • 318 pelts!

Those were the cheapest items, and required 4 merchants to sell everything… (Cause they didn’t have enough gold to buy it all at once)

Now starting the items that are not so cheap.

• All the potions (not needed, although can be placed as decoration if wanted)
  • All furniture and decoration (except fine and rare versions)
  • Weapons
  • 95 copper ingot! (plus other metal ingots) (each copper at 10 gold, merchant had 700, so the full merchant only got 70 ingot)
  • 51 bolt of leather
  • 13 winter outfit
  • All low level food (only kept the cook crafts)

A total of more than 1500 items removed! Plus a lot of other items that were not counted.

One major change I made was reducing the farm animals area to the minimal size. There was so many poyos and sheep that hearthlings were there hauling their eggs and wool non-stop, in a never ending cycle. Those items are not even necessary! (not that many at least)
The same thing with trapper area. (too many pelts)
This also opens the possibility to someone to have farm animals as decoration too, like small chicken coops and such, without clustering the map with the result items from the shepherd.

I also removed the ladders to the mountain tops, there was nothing there yet, so it is just a waste of cpu (when the a.i. is calculating routes, it would waste time checking those areas because it was accessible. Less areas to check, faster a.i.)

FPS went from 0.1fps (1 frame every 10 seconds, yep) to a 5fps (low end notebook). Could even be better if we hadn’t a few bugs infiltrated in the save file.

After all that, (it took longer than I thought) I decided to add at least one build, and I chose the tavern from the templates with added chairs and tables, cause I noticed that hearthlings were having a hard time to find a place to sit. And also moved the cook workbenches there, they were out in the open.

I added a few trees where there were bald spots in the forest. There was a tree farm next to the first town, I removed most trees from there and placed them more spaced, like in an orchard.

Engineer and potter are now in town, but I had nothing for them to do. (Potter compacted the clay at least)

I changed the crops at the mini farms scattered around to slow growing types (corn, watermelon) to avoid the farmers going there all the time.

One more market placed, so it is easier to sell huge amounts of items.

Save file download:

3 Likes

I typically keep my cap at the natural max, 20. I’ve never upped it before. I also play on a laptop, at 2.2-2.4 GHz(can’t remember).

I also tried to make ample use of the stamina and energy potions, as we had a bunch, and I hoped it would allow the hearthlings to make it over to, and stay at my town for longer before needing food or sleep.

1 Like

So who is playing the next turn? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, this looks awesome! :smiley:

But, no, I’m not claiming. I’m a total noob and my OCD is killing me in tryin’ to figure stuff out with building lol.

But would love to do so soon!

well, since no one else is, guess i’ll claim this turn :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will claim it this weekend, got too much work now to do it ;(

alright, my turns over again,

sadly i wasn’t paying attention last night and exited the game without saving, and due to auto-save being turned off (don’t know why it was off), i lost a bunch of progress. luckily i was able to get more done today though,

added 2 new houses, both have beds in them, the larger one also has some other decorations in it. though i didn’t snag a picture of it, i also made a canopy type o’ thing on the first intersection of my village.

other than that i just did some planning and blueprint making.

reminder/note: please don’t accept any new villagers. we’re currently sitting at 27, and my computers really unhappy, if more are accepted, i’ll probably kill them off on my turn…

(i actually did kill off 2 when i got the save :frowning: )

link to the save,

1 Like

Alright I am going to claim it for a few hours

2 Likes

During my turn I built my area with a change in style, I hope you don’t hate me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Trees grew up /

It was fun I may try to get my hands on it next week

3 Likes