Qubicle Creations

Time to Gear up for battle my Brethren for i am constructing an all mighty mech ( ohkay maybe not for the game altho a steam one maybe?) and so Behold the work in progress :smiley:

3 Likes

Alright, I’ll share what I’ve been working on. Had an idea for maybe a Halfing-esque character, I like to call the Scale Knights.

http://imgur.com/5lsjIZc

And here. Now they spin!

http://imgur.com/iu6XJOl

More works later. Perhaps.

I like them - I think the head is slightly too wide? Bring it in a little bit and see,

1 Like

Blender is free, Maya and 3DSMax are both really expensive. Nice work.

@ernierock i did used to have autodesk Maya o3o maybe even 3Ds not sure id have to go check my account

Ok squirrel update:

And a video of the current version of the run animation I’ve been working on:
Youtube video ‘Squirrel Run Animation Test 1’

This is the first thing I’ve made using Qubicle and the first thing I’ve ever tried to animate, so considering that I’m not unhappy with how it’s turning out so far. The animation plays a little faster in reality, and there’s less of a gap between loops, only reason for those in the video is the video editing software I used.

I’ll probably be re-posting this in a new thread at some point, along with, and once I’ve finished some of the other things I’m working on (not for a few weeks probably), so as not to clutter this one with too many versions of the same thing.

19 Likes

I love it! For a first its really good. Fix the gaps in the animation and I could see it running around in StoneHearth

The giant hands from FF7 fIt RIGHT into this aesthetic! He looks just like he stepped out of the Wall Market.

1 Like

Thanks! Gunna try and make some more. Gonna try and make the whole set. :slight_smile: but yeah, looked and it and thought, hmm, this could work. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Also, just backed this @Pepe, keep up the awesome work. Game of the decade!! :smiley:

@Decho

that animation is awesome only thing wrong with it i can see is the slight pause between leaps owo otherwise completely perfect <3

also the rendering is just so much love <3

Cool work, thanks! I’ll use it for sure.

Yes I play on rendering it again with several jumps to get rid of the pause when I have time. Thanks for the kind comments. Also to anyone else thinking about learning to animate: don’t start with a frakking squirrel. The tail is a nightmare.

1 Like

@sdee Was he wearing the satin, or the cotton dress?

@Geoffers747

AAAAH the squats we had to do for the wig THE SQUATS AAAAAHHHH

@BanditDragoon Ah man, 9 year old me didn’t understand why there was a torture/ interrogation room in the basement. I mean, that’s what that was right?

@Geoffers747 ahh i can’t remember i only remember certain bits of the game maybe ill have to dig out my PS3 and play it again

Ha, in Don Corneo’s basement, I think it’s what’s known colloquially as a ‘sex dungeon’.

@Geoffers747 oh god now i remember OAO that freakin fat leacher and that sewer monster ALL THAT and for nuthin >W< DO YOU EVEN KNOW DON Corneo DO YOU?! i had to do squats for this damn wig.

1 Like

The silk one, obviously!

1 Like

Great job and I for one will be using it. I have a lot to learn.