Climbs in through the window
Hey guys, Pyre here.
I wanted to share my opinions on the game’s progress so far, so I think i’ll start with Alpha 3
- I like how the villagers have random dialog when they’re ordered to do a task, makes the game feel more alive ex: Mom was right, we’re all going to be eaten by bears
- Farmers, hard workers that bring in much needed food. (I don’t know where the got the seeds, but that’s not exactly important as of right now)
- Lots of cute new forest critters <3
- Hold on while i remember more…
- Lacks Roofs…
- I don’t like how i can’t move up ground levels (as far as i know i can’t) My villagers nearly starved when the few berry bushes i could find weren’t repopulating fast enough, while the forest animals mocked me from the upper levels…
- Carpenters, lazy good-for-nothings that lay around and eat up the food supply, Mine must have glitched out and only crafted two items, a fancy table and a hoe, then refused to fill out any other orders. I should be glad that i managed to get the hoe out or otherwise my people would have starved first.
- Is the save function working yet?
- Pressing esc does not pause the game, but the esc menu has a button that says “resume game” letting you believe it does, then you go eat dinner and a day’s worth of progress goes down the drain…
- Could use some water scapes in the terrain generation (same goes for T&S) but im sure that’ll come at a later date…
- As far as i know, there is still no way to rotate a house, only the door
- The building system could use to be a little more basic, like block to block, kinda like T&S, but that’s not my call, could lead to something a little more unique and easier if done right
Im sure with the right programming, this game could easily dominate other voxel civilization games like Timber&Stone and Towns, but for right now, this game is slowly making good progress.
Best of luck to ya guys, this is pyre, peace out!