Promoting a footsoldier to archer while he's in bed makes him glitch

Summary:
After a brutal ambush by the Red Kiln I decided having just one archer wasn’t enough, so I decided to promote a footsoldier to archer. The footsoldier in question was on bedrest at the time and when I promoted him he glitched.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Have a soldier you want to promote in a bed
  2. promote him/her to archer (don’t know if it’s with other classes or not)
    3)Watch as he struggles between wanting to sleep and wanting a promotion (don’t we all?)

Expected Results:
The soldier gets out of bed and gets the item he needs for promotion

Actual Results:
The lazy lump on a log won’t will get out of bed before having an existential crisis (He/she gets out of bed but won’t go to the item, just glitches around a little)

Notes:
Can be worked around by ordering your soldier to move somewhere

Version Number and Mods in use:
0.17.0 (development #3002) no mods were used

I had this exact thing happen to me, I ended up removing the bed and he was able to go promote after that.

I had a similar experience, but with a hurt & hungry soldier instead of a hurt & promoted (still a footman, though). They just kept twitching next to the bed, starting to lay on the bed, then aborting that to eat, then aborting that to lay on the bed, ad infinitum. I didn’t try deconstructing the bed; it only stopped when the soldier finally healed enough (/without/ being on actual bedrest :confused: ) to leave, which took a while. I didn’t know if it was purely a problem with the soldier’s state, or because of the tiny, cramped conditions of the bed they’d chosen (cave, with a door, that was just big enough to get into the bed) that was inhibiting some normal resolution.

Maybe next time you’ll think twice about waking a soldier up while he’s trying to rest? :slight_smile:

I wonder if this is reproducible for a normal worker promoting to a crafter or a producer, for example.
:confused: