Possible Hygiene Mechanic?

This may sound silly, but to me i think it would be another interesting idea if Hygiene would be implemented. Think about it.
The need to shower and relieve themselves… Would give extra crafting items, more ways to improve moral or lower it, give additional jobs to basic workers, (cleaning up waste, cleaning trash etc,) And a possible negative modifier would be getting sick. Like improper hygiene practice.
TLDR:
Improve way of life for hearthlings. Introduce ability to shower/poop. Potential chance to get sick if not cleaned/showered.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Would need a lot more mechanics in the game.

• water system
  • timer for getting dirty plus more when working
    (Is a farmer washing himself more often than a carpenter ?)
  • trash system - wear off effects on items ?

The idea is good though but is that not getting too realistic ?

1 Like

I like to live in a world were hearhlings don’t poop.

I like this idea.

2 Likes

ahahahaha! :jubilant: me too, me too Feashrind…[quote=“Feashrind, post:3, topic:30119”]
I like to live in a world were hearhlings don’t poop.

Chabonit:
[/quote]

1 Like

Washing could also be just taking a bath in water nearby.

Also… No poop. Poop is bad.
Especially female hearthlings, grils are clean, girls don’t poop :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hi,

I m all for such an idea but not at this point.

A good hygiene system would be that of Ceaser IV - Where there is not visible poo or dirt, but instead the people cause a percentage of “un-hygiene”, that doctors, baths, fresh water, etc, cures (counters) - this is what I would like to see really.

1 Like

Hmm… I think that individual hygeine is a bit too micro-management for Stonehearth’s aims. However, I propose an alternative take: public baths!

From ancient times all around the world, bathhouses have provided a way for everyone to stay clean(ish) and bathe regularly even before running water was a common feature of households. I think that, given Stonehearth’s “zoomed out” approach to management, public baths would allow us to get the benefits of a hygiene system without having to worry so much about the nitty gritty details.

What I imagine is thus: after we get options to move/pump water, there would be a boiler or water heater and some kind of bath furniture (it could be individual baths, a large pool, or small hot tubs.) Think of Roman baths, with mosaics and steam everywhere, seats nearby… maybe even a gymnasium type of setup where the hearthlings can take care of other basic health things like keeping fit or getting a checkup to ensure there’s no disease lurking in the settlement.

All these actions would be “idle” actions, things to do in the hours that the hearthlings currently spend sitting around the campfire. They can still do that too of course, this is an alternative thing. Like with food, there would be bonuses for having a variety of such leisure options (and it opens the door to other things in the future, if the tech to support them comes into play.)

I think that kind of system would best fit Stonehearth’s current aims, and fit well into the cultures we already have. As for the Northern Alliance… well, saunas started in the Scandanavian region didn’t they?

3 Likes

Exactly my point - this feature in Ceaser IV[quote=“YetiChow, post:7, topic:30119”]
What I imagine is thus: after we get options to move/pump water, there would be a boiler or water heater and some kind of bath furniture (it could be individual baths, a large pool, or small hot tubs.) Think of Roman baths, with mosaics and steam everywhere, seats nearby… maybe even a gymnasium type of setup where the hearthlings can take care of other basic health things like keeping fit or getting a checkup to ensure there’s no disease lurking in the settlement.
[/quote]

I had talked about this feature in a post i put before, but I cannot find it. it was that it is a possibility for it with the new water improvements. I also like how much detail you went into it![quote=“YetiChow, post:7, topic:30119”]
All these actions would be “idle” actions, things to do in the hours that the hearthlings currently spend sitting around the campfire.
[/quote]

Yes, I think that this is something that is very crucial! I also agree with the bonuses too![quote=“YetiChow, post:7, topic:30119”]
As for the Northern Alliance… well, saunas started in the Scandanavian region didn’t they?
[/quote]

As far as I know, Saunas originated in what today is Finland

1 Like