Please help I don't know what to do - game freezing after some minutes

Hey Evan, Sorry you’re having this problem. Question: is it freezing after you start a new game, or after you load a saved game? If it’s after a new game, @brad just put up a thread here on common solutions to the problem: Crashing on start? Read this! UPDATED October 18, 2016

If it’s after you load the game (that’s what it looks like your log is doing), it could be something different. What was going on in the game when you were saving?

3 Likes

Sorry for the late reply. been having issues with this forum. When i start a game, i first save the map so i don’t lose it when it crashes. then I start gathering resources and begin designing stuff. After a few minutes, it crashes without warning.
It freezes if i load a saved game too. I really liked the concept of this game, and still do. I just wanna be able to play it on my bigger computer. It works on my laptop, but it’s not designed for gaming so the graphics are laggy. Any info you could give me would help. Thanks.

1 Like

Here’s something for the developers to look at. I found that if the game in run under compatibility mode with Windows 7 or Vista, the game runs without crashing, but is a bit slow and lua is off the hook. Windows 8 (or 8.1) has fantastic graphics, no extreme lua, but crashes after a few minutes. It seems a bit odd to me that the game only wants to run under an older OS. Could this be a programing error?

1 Like

Wow, thanks for the insight, @Evan_Briar. Paging @not_owen_wilson!

If you go back to playing on normal mode, but go into the settings and force it to use 32 bit mode instead of 64 bit mode, do you still get crashes?

where in the settings is that? I can’t find an option to force 32 bit.

1 Like

Is there anything in your settings about 64-bit? Is it checked or unchecked? If it is checked, what happens when you uncheck it?

1 Like

Well now the game has frozen completely again. forget what i said about the compatibility thing. My big computer just doesn’t like the game i suppose. and there is no setting option to force 32 bit in the game. it’s weird how my laptop runs it, but not my gaming desktop. :frowning:

oh wait i found the tab. I’m gonna see if this does anything

1 Like

32 bit seems to work fine. I’ll continue testing and see what happens. Thanks for the help so far

2 Likes

nope just crashed. I guess i’m gonna have to wait for an update. At least i have a ton of other games to play till then.

1 Like

Thanks for trying! We really appreciate it. :slight_smile: Two more things:

• If you’re not on Steam Latest, you might want to try one last time with all our most recent updates. For instructions on how to get on Steam Latest, see: Development – Stonehearth
  • If you want, please send us your user_id (it’s under “Post a Bug” in the ESC menu) and we’ll see what we can make of your crash reports.
2 Likes

i have the same problem heres my game ID 39475ce6-1e1e-11e5-b0ec-54271e7a02b0

Welcome to the forum, @halloweenkid9 .
Are you playing with the latest Steam version? They fixed lots of crashes there.

If you’re having a crash:
Try playing with the 32bit version and see if it helps. And updating your graphic drivers from your manufacturer’s website also should help, if not, lowering your graphic settings inside the game might also help. Here’s a thread on other things that you can try:

If the game is freezing (not crashing) then it might be related to other issues with lua that people have reported. Harvesting large areas of trees, making huge farms or too big/complex building can affect the performance, too (we’re still in Alpha). The devs are fixing little by little all these issues, and the memory leaks they found, and the game is becoming more stable release by release.

@halloweenkid9 - Welcome to the forum! Do you have a crash.dmp and stonehearth.log file from after the crash that you can post?

3 Likes