Pawel's Mod Corner: Autoharvest, Biome Crops, LostEms & others

You could probably use the recipe descriptions or the recipe flavor. I do that a lot in ACE - explain some mechanics and how to use things through the recipe screen, like how to use fermenting vats, when certain hats are used, etc.

You could change the flavor text of these recipes to be something like “This item has multiple style variations that can be changed during placement” or something like that.

2 Likes

I did not realise! My apologies, I didn’t see that the description on Steam Workshop had been updated.

Thanks for the ongoing work!

1 Like

I used the building editor to create a building with blue clay doors. However the potters only cue up and make the cream coloured variant with the name Clay Door, so the building never gets completed. Is there any way around this that I’m missing?

I’m on a new game created after the update, and am only running Lostems and ACE.

Other than that I’d like to say a huge thank you for this mod - it makes creating custom buildings so much more satisfying :slight_smile:

Huh, they should use these crafted doors to place the blue ones. I’ll investigate this, may be just a problem with one entity (wooden windows all work fine).

Great, thank you. It seems to be fine with clay windows too.

I’ve been quite busy modding lately. The problem is mods like this require lots of testing and you all know I’m working on Voxailles at the same time. I decided if Bruno made alpha versions of the Firefly Clan publicly available I’ll do the same with the League. Enjoy the dev branch, folks!

Serene League & Coast Biome

for Stonehearth 1.1
Current version: 1.0
GitLab repository
also available at Steam Workshop

The mod adds a new playable kingdom, the Serene League, and their home biome, the Coast. For now the kingdom is just a heavily W.I.P. reskin of the Ascendancy with quite twisted job promotion tree (which is not optimised towards combat classes for extra challenge) starting with a Mason and significant advantage in Mind/Spirit over Body stat. The biome is much closer to completion than the kingdom, though Brightbells wait to be replaced by unique herbs, also landmarks and tree sapling crops are still missing, weather is vanilla-only (wind is wet while it’s intended to be dry in ACE) and I’d like to generate ore veins in the lower parts of the biome as well but haven’t yet found a way to do that.

5 Likes

Where do i move the mod files once downloaded ? The Mod folder ?

the unpacked files (in a folder) can be put either in the mod folder or the steamuploads folder of your game, and that should make them show up in the mods menu ingame @LOCOMUCHO

Thank you @Wouter_Sikkema

Gonna try it out, will post some feedback here :jubilant:

Alright, played some… here’s a short feedback :merry:

• Selection screens and such, all amazing. Love the names, the images and the hairstyles.
  • Biome is pretty nice too. I understand the amount of water (to “simulate” coasts) but it’s hard to find a very “coastal” map due to the sizes of the big lakes. Perhaps that setting that “stretches” the biome horizontally could help to make “longer” lakes without having to cut proportionate land? (I don’t remember the name).
  • The biome itself looks rather nice, spring is very “terrous”, haven’t seen the other seasons but it is pretty nice looking. I feel it could have a nicer stretch of flatlands just before the waterline however, unsure if that is possible - right now it feels a bit like flooded highlands, and although it’s fun I guess it could be improved to feel a bit more… mediterranean :stuck_out_tongue:
  • I love the new trees and such, I love lavender too!
  • The profession tree is indeed very tweaked but looks fun to play with. I like the idea of the archer coming after the trapper.
  • Won’t comment on things that are still obvious placeholders (like the quest) but I gotta say… DAMN GOOD WORK on these banners. I got strength only because it reminded me of the holy roman empire (at least on the thumbnail) but then I zoomed in and it was a bit different… but oh well, that’s not our world after all :wink:
  • Cook and farmer outfits are absurdly adorable. I love that cook hat :jubilant:
  • The Cypresses and Olive trees are great too, very well done. But I think some of them, particularly the cypress, could benefit from a thinner trunk and without the “root” bit. It looks nice on the stone pine but I think it would reduce the visual “weight” of the cypress in a nice way)
  • Good job on the boulders too, I like the way you used the colors on them
  • I love the birds/wild animals too. By the way, check out the ACE biome manifests to see how you can change their names per biome :slight_smile:
  • Vineyards also <3

All in all, I think this is on the right way to be a great mod. Good job so far :3
(sorry, I keep editing to add new things)

4 Likes

reads a long review
exhales deeply because the most carefully crafted features didn’t get criticised

Thanks for that, Dani! There’s a lot to improve after I get the big picture, I want to add all biome features first, then tweak them so they work better together. Meanwhile @BrunoSupremo has spotted part of the code potentially preventing ores from generating in the mountains so both Swamp and Coast may benefit from that.

I admit this is my first time tinkering with biome generation and the current setting comes from less than 4 hours of testing so I simply stuck to what seems agreeable, not what I want. What I’d like to have is to make elevation steps between foothills themselves smaller while placing lots of rock blocks below them so there’s a steep cliff, then three layers of foothills, then 2-3 layers of steep mountains.
BiomeConcept1

3 Likes

Just to let you know - Im getting the same problem with Clay Latticed Windows not being picked up by the building editor. The following error message has just started appearing:

release-949 (x64)[M]
…onents/variant_swapper/variant_swapper_component.lua:79: bad argument #1 to ‘ipairs’ (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function ‘ipairs’
…onents/variant_swapper/variant_swapper_component.lua:79: in function ‘has_variant’
…onents/variant_swapper/variant_swapper_component.lua:103: in function ‘apply_variant’
…onents/variant_swapper/variant_swapper_component.lua:48: in function <…onents/variant_swapper/variant_swapper_component.lua:47>
[C]: in function ‘trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:55: in function ‘trigger’
…ions/place_carrying_on_structure_adjacent_action.lua:111: in function <…ions/place_carrying_on_structure_adjacent_action.lua:21>

[C]: in function ‘run’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:549: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:533>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:67: in function ‘xpcall’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:533: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:529>

The above as well as the clay door problem should have been fixed with last LostEms update. The reason was of course ancient directory aliasing used by Radiant instead of JSON aliasing.

The Coast Biome has been updated on GitLab with new generation script (terrain generation like above, ores in foothills, stretch added like Dani suggested with a very positive effect) and replacements for vanilla/ACE plants. There are some minor things left to do like landmarks but the biome part of the mod is heading towards Steam release so please leave your opinion here if you’re testing!

2 Likes

Hi there, I would like to report the following bug. Since the last update of the Serene League I keep getting the following problem when the fall start. It also result in that none of the wants to eat or drink.

release-949 (x64)[M]
c++ exception: ‘stonehearth’ has no alias named ‘weather:windy:chilly’ in the manifest.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘load_json’
radiant/modules/resources.lua:34: in function ‘load_json’
…tonehearth/services/server/weather/weather_state.lua:39: in function ‘_ace_old_create’
stonehearth_ace/monkey_patches/ace_weather_state.lua:6: in function ‘create’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:300: in function ‘create_controller’
…nehearth/services/server/weather/weather_service.lua:156: in function ‘_switch_to’
…nehearth/services/server/weather/weather_service.lua:107: in function ‘_switch_weather’
…nehearth/services/server/weather/weather_service.lua:101: in function <…nehearth/services/server/weather/weather_service.lua:100>
[C]: in function ‘trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:63: in function ‘_update’
radiant/server.lua:67: in function <radiant/server.lua:64>

Thanks for the report, will be fixed in next update.

1 Like

When using with ace:

Also, there is this error when used with ace + Steam Workshop :: Yangz Yings probably a bad item there:

release-949 (x64)[M]
...ices/server/crafter_info/crafter_info_controller.lua:245: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
	...ices/server/crafter_info/crafter_info_controller.lua:245: in function '_get_least_valued_entity'
	...ices/server/crafter_info/crafter_info_controller.lua:230: in function '_get_recipe_cost'
	...ices/server/crafter_info/crafter_info_controller.lua:160: in function '_format_recipe'
	...ices/server/crafter_info/crafter_info_controller.lua:72: in function '_create_maps'
	...ices/server/crafter_info/crafter_info_controller.lua:22: in function 'post_activate'
	radiant/modules/commons.lua:306: in function 'create_controller'
	...ervices/server/crafter_info/crafter_info_service.lua:97: in function 'add_crafter_info'
	...ervices/server/crafter_info/crafter_info_service.lua:106: in function 'get_crafter_info'
	...ervices/server/crafter_info/crafter_info_service.lua:92: in function <...ervices/server/crafter_info/crafter_info_service.lua:90>
	[C]: in function 'trigger'
	radiant/modules/events.lua:55: in function 'trigger'
	...tonehearth_ace/monkey_patches/ace_player_service.lua:9: in function 'add_kingdom'
	...vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:129: in function <...vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:124>

Thanks for the report, I’ve been testing the League with LostEms off so I missed the category mismatch (it seems ACE changed the categories recently and that’s simply LostEms not adapting for these changes yet). I wasn’t able to reproduce or track the second one based on the log so it may be from a different mod indeed.

Re: LostEms
Not sure if I’m missing something obvious, but I can’t seem to place the “Small Wall-Mounted Banner” crafted by the weaver. I can see I have 13 of them in inventory, but they don’t appear in the “Place Item” menu, anywhere in the building tool, or even in the merchant screen. Not generating any errors when I craft them or look at the icon in storage, but can’t seem to actually use them.

If I spawn in the red or yellow small banner using the debugtools item stamper, I can place it either from the item on the ground in those colours, or from the item in the “Place” menu as any colour. Also, once the ones I spawned in are deployed, they disappear from the “Place” menu so I can’t place the ones I crafted, only those I stamp in.
When I place the blue variant it doesn’t seem to have valid object information
I can undeploy any of them once placed, but the red and yellow ones won’t allow me to move them - only undeploy.

Issue replicated with no other mods except LostEms and Debug Tools enabled, on Ascendancy and Northern Alliance, not tested on Rayya’s.

Long time no posts!

LostEms

I finally got to fix the clay door bug in ACE (fix pushed and merged to GitLab repository and Steam Workshop), still no clue how to get the move button to work but otherwise the mod seems bug-free. I still need to add explicit information on how the Variant Swapper works but not sure where or how.

Serene League & Coast Biome

I figured out I can give you background music for the League without having to upload huge music files and violating rights: disable in-game music and play this Spotify playlist in the background! Serene League on Spotify

Fixes and new features are on the way, I just don’t like doing small updates.

Other

I made a small mod adding direct transmutation recipes to the Geomancer, it’s available on Steam Workshop (Steam Workshop :: Geomancy Transmutation), I’ll put it on GitLab soon and link it here as well.