Pawel's Mod Corner: Autoharvest, Biome Crops, LostEms & others

Cafe could be problematic if its entities use it because the way one enables autoharvest has changed in 2.0 (now it is simply injecting a command, not creating a whole component, the command will create the component when pressed for the first time, this actually proved to save a lot of memory).

I uploaded 2.0a, I finally got some time to test and adjust the mod for multiplayer use.

EDIT: Uploaded Autoharvest v2.1: fixed bug @c2beverly reported, added Swamp biome support, added an option to assign a hotkey for toggling autoharvest.

2 Likes

I should rename the mod to FoundEms…

Autoharvest got a minor upgrade (renaming one function) to avoid problems with unstable and future versions of ACE and other mods mixing into renewable_resource_node_component.lua.

5 Likes

Autoharvest just got a long wanted feature: box selection enabling. Link at the first post, Steam version was updated as well.

1 Like

Finally: LostEms got its major 1.3 update.

Added:

• 3x3 windows for all crafters,
  • red banners for the Weaver,
  • clay windows in all sizes,
  • large window planters,
  • missing input containers for all crafters,
  • a part of W.I.P. Blacksmith set,
  • windowed wooden doors.

Also:

• reorganised crafting categories for Carpenter, Mason and Potter,
  • redone ACE support,
  • fixed Ascendancy wall banners not available to Rayya’s Weaver,
  • fixed wide window and wall standard rotation errors,
  • optimalised localisation files.
7 Likes

Good job, even though the image is almost 100% modded items, it looks like a vanilla game

1 Like

LostEms 1.4 is up, Blacksmith and red Weaver sets are complete, also added mullioned wooden windows and some other minor stuff. Enjoy!

6 Likes

And one more update for LostEms, just a bunch of elaborate fixes this time but so complicated that I decided to number it as 1.5. Going for Archmod now.

3 Likes

did you fix the long horizontal blue lattice clay window turning green when placed for some reason?

not sure if its blue or beige, but I’m sure its a long lattice window

Erm, no because I don’t experience such a bug. I’ve just checked .qb and .json files and everything is in order so the only possible problem is wrong colour space in QB export settings.

As some of you may know, I am working not only on Archmod now, but also on Serene Kingdom and Coast Biome, which all share the same purpose: to give Stonehearth that unmatched Mediterranean feeling. Kingdom and biome will be one mod, but they could also become a part of Archmod, allowing deeper interaction (Archmod entities in building templates, tier reward unlocks for the Architect etc.). The question is: should the mods be merged or kept separate?

• merge Archmod with Serene League and Coast Biome
  • keep Archmod separate from Serene League and Coast Biome

0 voters

My semester started getting serious today and I need to summarise the progress I made during the break and give some plans for the future.

Autoharvest Mod
I managed to provide ACE compatible version of individual harvest and add long wanted features: hotkey support and box selection. However, as the Lua part still involves mixing into the RRN component I consider making the mod even more lightweight by tasking the harvest on renew directly instead of using a listener, just like ACE does for its en masse approach. When it comes to functionality, I consider this mod complete now.

LostEms
This was my main focus during the break and I managed to push a major update I had planned for a long time. There still is a somewhat tricky fix waiting to be uploaded but no new content for this mod is planned in the nearest future.

Archmod
I know, I promised a release long time ago, but then I had some real life problems, then it turned out some of my ideas are actually impossible to implement, then I had a ton of new ideas which of course I had to try (many of them actually made it to the mod), then I found that old wig model in my files and felt a sudden urge to make a kingdom and biome mod. So after a series of semi-productive distractions I finally got the diagonal cornice pieces to line up correctly, ending a major crisis in the mod. Another major improvement is switching from one-file-per-entity to a mixin-driven model of file management allowing me to provide variants of the same type of object much quicker. What has to be finished at this very stage is cornices in all Classical styles (right now I have only the Ionic one) and a series of round arches in different sizes (current one is 4 tiles long). A small thing to complete the basic set which has yet to be made is a set of pilasters. Then a set of larger than typical SH windows and doors would be needed but the real problem are roofs. I have no idea how to implement the roof tiles but they are certainly necessary for the cornices. Here’s a re-linked very old screenshot of them for those of you who forgot about them:

There is a problem of double length roof tiles as well because cornices are 2x1 so the roof has to be flatter than usual SH diagonal roof. I’m still having a major headache about these.
From the good news side: I implemented Pandemic’s wooden platform models as placeable objects, also some decorative bricks to be placed on walls and clay arches are coming:

Serene League & Coast Biome
This is the newborn offspring of the break. Some outfits and most hairdos are already made, the lore is crystallising and the population of entities is growing. There is a problem which could be fixed by merging this mod with Archmod (if some of you thought by separating this from Archmod the latter will be released earlier, well, you’ve been wrong): the starting crafter for the League is the Mason who gets a whole new set of pieces and decor made from concrete, which is in fact stone refined in a cement kiln (a stone analogue of clay bricks). This allows for both faster levelling of the Mason to get an Architect or Potter earlier and for a whole new style, which better suits the League. Now, an optimal choice for obtaining stucco in Archmod would be to mix clay with concrete (or ACE’s marble for better conversion rate later on) but this involves a major interplay between the mods if they are to be kept separate. Similar problems occur for a huge set of silk items I have planned for Archmod interior and decided to tie them to the League, the League’s blueprints etc. I see the results of the poll above and I think I will go against them anyway to improve the quality of both mods in the long run.

6 Likes

I’ve got news:
Archmod is not dead.
MedHouse1

13 Likes

That looks awesome!

As those of you who follow ACE Discord know I’ve recently developed components allowing to have user-specified variants of objects (e.g. merging all fence pieces into one recipe/iconic and letting the user choose the variant on placement) and use of specifically prepared Wavefront OBJ model files. The core parts are fully functional, only some cosmetic details are left to be added (proper hotkey tooltips for the swapper and proper thought bubble rendering for the OBJ renderer).

Now, the thing is I’d love to merge many items in LostEms but both Archmod and Serene League require these components as well. Sadly there is no known way to embed a submod inside a mod, the two possible options are releasing a core mod (@DaniAngione does that for his mods) or adding a separate copy of the whole machinery to every mod requiring it.

So I thought: why don’t make LostEms into such a core mod? This means both Archmod and Serene League/Mediterranean biome would require LostEms. This also means LostEms would get a giant update which will break saves (also some items like ornate windowed doors aren’t very vanilla-esque and should be moved to Archmod). The update would be released along Archmod, no updates for LostEms are planned until then. What do you think?

• u mad? Keep LostEms what it is.
  • Requiring LostEms by other mods is OK.

0 voters

I personally am ok with requiring a “Base” mod to make all of your other things go…though for cleanliness sake I like the way @DaniAngione seems to have done it by having his Core mod add nothing to the game itself, just the backbone for code in his other mods. This would dramatically reduce potential incompatibility issues I’d imagine. But being a non-modder for Stonehearth I have no idea how difficult it would be to constantly update a Core mod with new functions to support your projects.

The thing is LostEms would make use of some (but not all) of these functions itself so if a core mod went separate LostEms would need it as well.

Since both of the new options (fancy models. Variant swapper) are basically tech unlocks, have you concidered stuffin them into ace?

I mean I’m especially interested in the variant swapper myself, decorative shields variants come to mind and such

This creates two problems:

1. my mods depending on ACE (I’d actually leave them vanilla-compatible),
  2. my code becoming a part of a bigger project so it can evolve into something not suitable for my own mods.

While I am willing to share the code with the ACE team when it’s ready this doesn’t help solve the problem, I have to maintain my own versions anyway.

1 Like

why not make a core mod that your other mods depend on but still keep lostems, archmod, … as seperate mods that require your core mod to work
if it is possible make the core mod updateable without affecting the functionality of the other mods

ace compatibility without being dependant on it would be the best

Just my opinion, but whatever is the most convenient for you. With 2 clicks of the mouse from any of Dani’s dependent mods you can easily download the core. Sounds like a core mod would save you some extra work.