Oh Please Great Chieftain, Give Us More Time!

As I played Alpha 9 unstable, I was asked by the goblin chieftain for 10 baskets of corn (I started growing some on the first day) but the corn I had was almost done growing, when the chieftain returned. I only had one option out of two, to go to war… That’s where I think their should be a third option in between ‘Yes, here you go’ and ‘No, I changed my mind’. This option would be something like ‘Please Chieftain Random of Random, give me more time’ and there would be a 50/50 chance of the chieftain saying “Okay have mores time” or “NO, YOU GET STAB STAB”, but the more you use the ‘give me more time’ option, the better chance of the chieftain saying no will happen.

13 Likes

Technically if it stays at 50%, then simply due to statistics it will be more likely for him to stab you, as you procrastinate over time… ^^ (as in “the probability of him accepting your pleas the n-th time is 0.5^n”. Obviously every time itself will always be 50%)

But besides the smart-a**ing… I would love to see this implemented! My first goblin was asking for something like 20+ threads and came back after one day… ^^

Now that I think of it… The goblin could also with some probability (maybe 33% each?) decide to take all the fitting things you already have and leave you with more time (maybe decreasing your debt, maybe not?). Or (with 25% each??) take some other, random stuff you have. So many possibilities! ^^

3 Likes

or you could make it a random % of yes more time you have… hearthlings hurry, me not be this nice soon… now goblin chief talk like yoda he does :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

No, the Goblin Chief takes one of your people! Now, it gets interesting! You won’t disappoint him again!

5 Likes

perhaps if you take to long they would become a new addition to the goblin fire pit…

3 Likes

Or held captive until you can go rescue them… “I’m commin’ for ya girl!!” OH, this would be fun!

4 Likes

but only held captive for a certain amount of time, perhaps a little longer than the time you were given to make the items for him.

2 Likes

i also think that if it goes that route that once you rescue them (or they are released) that they lose a set ammount of xp/skills attributed to the length of time they were in captivity?

2 Likes