OCD Villager Bug

Title:
OCD Villager Bug

Summary:
Villagers can’t decide where to put stuff… so they keep picking it up and putting it back down.

Steps To Reproduce:
Build a stockpile
Collect Stuff
Villagers go nuts.

Attachments

Versions and Mods
1658 No Mods

confirmed. but i saved exited game and restarted and they went back to work.

2 Likes

Wondering if this worked for @Silas as well. If so I’d put it down to a pathfinding bug or… maybe lack of stockpile space (or something along those lines)?

It seems as though I only had to assign them a new task for them to stop their little dance.

1 Like

Hi, I don’t know if it was already point out but i’ve got an annoying bug…

my hearthlings keep taking a thing (stone, log, food everything) and then they just release that in the same spot. they keep doing that all day long and even if I create another task (e.g. mining) they keep doing that…and in the population menu there’s write “stockpiling No.1”.
I’ve got hundreds of logs and minerals in the floor but they just keep doing the same thing over and over,
If I close the the game and re-load the bug disappears but after 10 minutes it begins again…

Am I the only one?

thanks!

Sorry to merge to a really old topic, but I can’t seem to find the specific one for this release at the moment… :sweat:

actually they know bout that bug and they actually work on it. It’s caused by the way the AI “think” it grab thing and then it realise that he cant get to the stockpile so he drop it and he repeat that over and over

1 Like

My villagers have been constantly moving items from storage to their backpack, then picking up one or two more, then putting them down again. They are wasting time that they could be using to do other things, and there is plenty of open storage, but they keep picking up and placing down these items. http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/574566418102422117/801931395AB1B04A5DDDD68818E2451A69525F0F/

As you can see, all the villagers are just sitting there, when I need them doing other work! It is getting annoying.

1 Like

I have the same issue. It really gets annoying when you have a large population and a huge cluster of them does it all in the same spot. Reloading/restarting usually stops this but after playing for about 5 to 10 mins, they’re back at it again.