Nihonjin: Japanese Themed Mod [On Hold]

I’ve always found that kind of work difficult. :laughing: I’m extremely lazy and have very little motivation but once I start hearing people like what I’m doing and they start giving suggestions my internal motivation explodes. haha

I’m pretty sure my progress would be a lot slower than it is if it wasn’t for everyone’s excitement before. :blush:

3 Likes

Finally had a moment to load it up this morning! My favorite piece of new furniture is the Bamboo Garden Fence. :slight_smile: I also love the table and the way you reskinned the UI to look like sliding screens. :slight_smile:

I’ve been reading a bunch about the Meji restoration recently; maybe all the disgruntled people who still want to follow the old ways just moved to this new random voxel continent. :wink:

I would love some rocks and flowers to add to my bamboo moonviewing garden:

Edit: Also: Fox shrines that attract foxes. Yes. One day we’re going to have a great time terracing the land for rice production…

8 Likes

ooooh, the furniture does look great @Avairian!

i really should get around to loading this list of mods… i feel like i’ve let the internet down, in some small way… :smile:

3 Likes

Very interesting time period and also an interesting concept. I’ve had a few explinations for the Nihonjin moving to this voxel land, but this one is now one of the top. :smile: Thanks for the idea. [quote=“sdee, post:264, topic:2289”]
I would love some rocks and flowers . . . Fox shrines that attract foxes
[/quote]
I’ll give a thought into these. :wink: Might give me some motivation to look into Lua and to dig into the fire attraction and spawning mechanics. :blush:

Thanks for the feedback. :slight_smile: I’m glad your liking Nihonjin so far! [quote=“SteveAdamo, post:265, topic:2289”]
ooooh, the furniture does look great @Avairian!
[/quote]
Why thank you :slight_smile: There’ll be more to come!

Small way? How about slightly large way? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit:
@sdee you got me thinking about bushes and I was looking at these:

I know round doesn’t fit the stonehearth feel per se, however isn’t that the point of trimming these bushes anyway? :wink:

Would some of these fit into your moonlight garden @sdee?

2 Likes

you are, of course, correct… i shall endeavor to play as many mods as is humanly possible this weekend!

nothing shall stand in my way! unless of course the wife asks me to do some menial labor… or the kids want to jump on the trampoline… or i have to work at the soup kitchen…

but otherwise, come rain, sleet or snow, i’ll be there!! :smile:

Status Update

3/27/2014 - Haven’t gotten much time recently to make some content. Been working on a small project for the mod that has been throwing me a few issues.

After this weekend I’ll attempt to get this issue resolved and make a few tweaks here. Going to do some more work on the bushes and figure out a nice way of getting them in the game.

I’m also going to look into the new scenario system to see if it would be a viable option for creating bamboo clusters instead of overriding the small oak trees.

3 Likes

Jelly!

I don’t think scenarios will work. As far as I can tell, they do not expose any API to actually remove things (only to spawn stuff (in clusters)), allow you very little to no control about how it is spawned (compared to the highly sophisticated landscaper, which allows extremely ridiculous fine-grained control), they may be executed regularly and way after the map was loaded…

And of course, the only scenarios active at the time are the ones spawning critters. Everything else is (still) done by the landscaper, so even the boulder scenarios are likely unfinished and therefore may be subject to change.

2 Likes

Yeah I know, Jelly. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve been trying to figure out what I can do strictly with vanilla stonehearth first though. Figure it’s the easiest way to get use to the API(even though it might change) and get some programming experience in. I’ll use Jelly after I get done experimenting. :smile:

3 Likes

Btw you gonna put in a japanese name generator? Might be a nice touch and not so hard to do since Stonehearth already has one, just need text files with men ,women and family names iirc.(or if you already did this then pay no mind to this post :smiley: havent tried your mod yet due to my own stuff)

Status Update

4/18/2014 - Exams are coming up so I’ve been focusing on studying. Opened up qubicle and reworked the first level ashigaru (spearman) today:

I took inspiration from an anime I just watched. Plus 10 internet points (if @SteveAdamo will allow it) to anyone who can guess what anime/character it’s inspired from. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Once Alpha 3 is out I’ll be spending more time updating the mod.

Also I’m going to start making small updates on my twitter account. If you want sneak peaks and small updates in the future, follow me on there!
Avairian (@Avairian) | Twitter[quote=“DragoKen, post:271, topic:2289”]
Btw you gonna put in a japanese name generator?
[/quote]
@phoriist spent some time working on a Japanese name generator. Though I don’t have any updates on the progress however. :smiley:

7 Likes

it is indeed “allowed”… :smile:

good luck! :+1:

1 Like

Tales of Vesperia First Strike?

1 Like

Nope! But thanks for giving me a new anime to watch. :smiley:
Hint: It’s an outfit that is only wore by a character for the first few episodes of the anime. So it may be hard to figure out. I’ll give another hint if someone still can’t guess it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:open_mouth: Is it Kirito from SAO? That hint…
To tell you the truth, I was making some Kirito-Asuna-Yui models not so long ago… But their clothes have so many details x_x

2 Likes

And we have a winner of 10 internet points! (paging @Swift_Cube)

Yes the armor is based off of Kirito’s first avatar armor! :slight_smile:

I know what you mean about the details. o.O The anime has given me a little inspiration for a few things though.

3 Likes

Can do…

And the Scoreboard is in for a much needed bump!

1 Like

wow, that’s pretty impressive @Relyss!! :+1:

never even heard of that particular series…

I assume SAO is Sword Art Online which has been mentioned hundreds of times, particularly in the anime thread…even I’ve heard of Sword Art Online, and I haven’t seen much more anime than Yu-Gi-Oh. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I sure hope it is Sword Art Online, or I will look most foolish…

1 Like

way to make me feel even sillier… wasn’t sure that was possible… but, you managed it! :+1:

1 Like

Sword Art Online is awesome. If any of you forum-goers have enough time to watch the series, I highly recommend you do!

1 Like