Nihonjin: Japanese Themed Mod [On Hold]

as am I! :smile:

unfortunately, the new client doesn’t appear to want to play nice with my antique PC… steps are being taken…

Such as buying that new PC? :wink:

The first step would of course be a Kickstarter…

5 Likes

this weekend, i believe… i’ll post the specs, once i push the “confirm” button… :smile:

edit: ok, feedback requested… these are the specs of the rig im considering… by my calculations (comparing each major component to newegg), i’m paying about $150 extra…

however, thats not taking into consideration shipping ($75) and the fact that they are … you know, actually building the machine for me… :smile:

total charge, $1720 (including S&H)… thoughts?

Case - ARC 647 Gaming Case - Black
Processor - Intel® Core™ i7-4770 Processor (4x 3.40GHz/8MB L3 Cache)
Processor Cooling - Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink
Memory - 16 GB [8 GB x2] DDR3-2133 Memory Module - G.SKILL Ripjaws X
Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 - 4GB - Single Card
Free Stuff 1 x [FREE] - GG Cruiser PC200-I Headset w/ large 57mm drivers for clear audio - FREE with any System ($29 Value)
Free Stuff 1 x [FREE] - McAfee Antivirus PLUS 2014 - FREE with any System ($49 Value)
Free Stuff 1 x [FREE Game Download] - GRID2 - FREE with Intel 4th Gen Processor
Free Stuff 1 x [FREE Game Coupon] - Tom Clancy Splinter Cell: Black List + Assassin Creed IV Black Flag - Free w/ purchase of GeForce GTX 660 or above
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 – 1x PCIe 3.0 x16, 4x USB 3.0, 6x SATA-III 6Gb/s
Power Supply - 750 Watt - Corsair RM750 - 80 PLUS Gold, Full Modular
Primary Hard Drive - 240 GB Corsair Force GS SSD – Read: 555MB/s ; Write: 525MB/s - Single Drive
Optical Drive - 24x Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black - FREE upgrade to BLU-RAY Reader Combo Drive for Primary Optical Drive
Sound Card 1 x 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
Network Card - Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
Operating System - None- Pre-formatted Hard Drive Only
Keyboard - iBUYPOWER Standard Gaming Keyboard
Mouse - iBUYPOWER Standard Gaming Mouse
Power Protection - Surge Suppressor - APC Surge Arrest

2 Likes

wow, that must be 100 times better than you have now :stuck_out_tongue:
Looks a bit overkill to me. But hey, if you are happy with it, go for it :goberserk:

well, i plan on keeping it for a while… :smile:

however, i shouldnt have asked for feedback here… sorry for hijacking your thread @Avairian!

i’ll branch it off when i get back from the movies… Lego power, go!

2 Likes

I’ll remember this. :angry: I come home from work and see notifications on my thread and was all like “Hmmmm maybe someone has something nice to say about my mod or some suggestions.” Nope it’s just Steve blabbing on about his future PC that is 10x better than mine. . . .

(That sounds like a pretty nice build. Shouldn’t have no problem giving me feedback with that :wink:

P.S. :heart: you @SteveAdamo :smile:

3 Likes

indeed! although i found out what was causing my poor performance with SH… i’ll be loading up and taking your mod for a spin tonight! :+1:

Very good! :smile: You’ll also be ready for my next update within the next few days :blush:

1 Like

I’m looking forward to playing what you have already… :+1:

I just have to get Isabella off the PC (she’s playing some creative minecraft)… can’t stifle her creativity! :smile:

Awwwh you can’t do this?

:wink: I’d be a horrible parent. o.O

2 Likes

SOOO MUCH STUFF SINCE I LAST LOOKED AT THIS THREAD… :open_mouth:

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been a little busy. :laughing:

Nihonjin: r41 r42 Version 1 is Live

I’ll be spending the next few days catching back up in my college courses, so I pushed this update out. Some things are a little rough but I wanted to get the basic idea out there for some feedback. Let me know what you think.

Enjoy,
Avairian

What’s new:

• One New Carpenter Recipe
  • Carpenter UI Reskin
  • Prototype of the male sitting and eating animations (still need work)
  • Possibly some other things I may have forgotten. . . (ive been doing a lot of testing)

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed an error with one of the male heads

Download

5 Likes

I need to play with some of these mods… wait, no. I need to play Stonehearth… haven’t done so in forever!

Checking in:

Still busy with college classes. Hopefully I’ll get a chance this weekend to do a little more work on Nihonjin. Kinda been lazily awaiting the next Stonehearth release to see if there’s any new API to mess around with.

Anyone get a chance to download the latest update and see the prototype sitting animations? If so let me know what you think and what needs to be improved.

I’ll get around to the female animations once I square away the male ones and figure out how item object interaction works. After that I’ll have a few recipes to add. :smile:

1 Like

Update

Nihonjin is broken as of Alpha 2. I’m working on fixing things but it might take me awhile.

• the new male_1.json format is giving me so many issues but if I can figure this out it shall be very useful!

3/13/2014
1:28pm
- I’ve been fairly lazy on the mod front for the past week or so. I’ll use my promotion at work as the excuse (honestly I’m just impatiently waiting for the next release for hopefully a few bug fixes [dang you random number generator!!!])

I’ll push hard to get Nihonjin compatible with Alpha 2 this weekend. Anything you’d like to see in the mod sometime soon? Let me know! :smiley:

3/15/2014
7:48pm

• Spent some time upgrading the mod for Alpha 2. I’ll finish up tomorrow and get it posted. Most likely will not be any new content, but I have been making some small changes to the ui.
6 Likes

Nihonjin Alpha 2 (r58) - Version 1 is Live

What’s new?

-First draft at reskining the main taskbar
-Trapper Reskin (Squirrel Fur Outfit :smiley: )

-Removed custom sitting animations

Bugs
-bamboo stalk and bamboo bundle character sheets not working. . .

randomfix.smod
-Not required but should fix the random number generator for generating hairstyles (Thanks @RepeatPan)

It’s not much but I hope you enjoy the release!

P.S. Give me some feedback!!! Feedback/discussion has been fairly sparse since . . . well since I started releasing the mod. Motivation is hard to come by in my busy life and it’s hard to gauge how well the mod is progressing without hearing from everyone!

If it’s not interesting enough, maybe i’ll just be selfish and just keep the mod all to myself. :open_mouth:

8 Likes

disturbing… but I like it! :smile:

Haha thanks. :smile: I liked the design of the trapper so I didn’t feel like changing it’s appearance. I figured that using a darker color scheme (stolen from the squirrel) would give off a different feel. Might be a tad too dark, but I kinda like it.

I know right. I recently started doing that too. A secret project without all the bothering for bugfixing, typing lots of text, screenshots etc. Working on inner motivation. It works great for me.

On-topic: I like the trapper outfit